• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Concept Vs Production Car

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ol2952-jpg.581.jpg

With dry absorbent under the car, I think they are still pushing the concept and will push selling the car on it's own merit once they start production. JMO

Hey guys, do we even KNOW where the oil came from? Notice the Elio's placement in the parking lot (it's not in a space) and it looks like she is trying to back up...maybe a coincidence. And stop making fun of my MOM!!! :mad::mad: :p

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they had the oil changed at Jiffy Lube then. The only time my Camry has ever had an oil leak is when I got the oil changed at Jiffy Lube. That has happened twice in two different states. Needless to say I do not get my oil changed in Jiffy Lube anymore.
Had the same experience at the last two oil changes at Jiffy Lube in Las Cruces. I took it back to them and they said there was a seal leak. Since it was under warranty I took it to the dealer only to find out there wasn't an oil leak. Jiffy Lube failed to tighten the oil pan bold.

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you expect of a 1990 Geo motor. The thing is almost 1/4 century old. That is enough to cause anything to leak. LOL :) Z

Right. And why in the hell couldn't the Elio Team scab out a fresher motor than a '90? In the videos the P4 sounds like an overgrown moped.

Rayl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the test pilot thing for about three years-and it didn't matter how old or new the tech was--there was always problems--one of the scariest was a rivet bucking bar left in the tail rotor drive shaft housing after a new mod. Another flight and the bucking bar would have lathed thru the drive shaft. Preflight caught the problem--and this is how I view Elio.
They need the Production model right the first time around. I have the patience to wait for that moment. Do I have the patience for the bashing--no. Think I'll be using the iggi.... Have never cared for trolls

Top Bottom