• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Customer Service Or Lack Of

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Elf, I have been trying to decide who to respond to for my 1000 message. LOL Silly as it is, I am amazed I have managed to write that many messages in less than 2 months. I hope I live at least as long as you and maybe a few years longer. I 'm not so sure about living forever but at least to 100 as a healthy woman sounds pretty good to me. Especially since I feel I didn't really start to live until I was 40. Cheers to us both. Next year we will get our Elios on the opposite sides of the country and I am sure we will both enjoy them immensley! LOL :) Z
grats on 1000? err grats on 1000 positive posts

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only person on here who celebrates every year with great joy? I feel younger now than I did 10 years ago. I can't think of any age I want to go back to. I guess it is a good thing because going backwards is not an option. LOL :) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well Elf, I have been trying to decide who to respond to for my 1000 message. LOL Silly as it is, I am amazed I have managed to write that many messages in less than 2 months. I hope I live at least as long as you and maybe a few years longer. I 'm not so sure about living forever but at least to 100 as a healthy woman sounds pretty good to me. Especially since I feel I didn't really start to live until I was 40. Cheers to us both. Next year we will get our Elios on the opposite sides of the country and I am sure we will both enjoy them immensley! LOL :) Z
Zelio, congratulations on being the first to post 1000 messages. You are an inspiration in faith and commitment

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another Big Step Forward

Yes it’s true. In case you missed the live announcement on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 on FOX & Friends, Pep Boys, the nation's leading automotive aftermarket service and retail chain, has been named as the official service provider for Elio Motors. This partnership adds a key building block to Elio Motors launch strategy given it’s no small task to win the confidence of this leading national service brand.

“Providing a convenient and professional service experience is one of the most important elements in creating an overall positive customer ownership experience, so this is a crucial step on our development,” said Paul Elio, CEO of Elio Motors.

Exciting news like this often creates questions. Following are answers to the top questions being asked since the announcement. This Friday’s 3-Wheeling Blog will address even more as we continue to move our vision forward.
Red_Hot_Elio_Revised_CAD.3629e36f.jpg

Why Pep Boys?
Pep Boys’ rich history, dating back nearly 100 years, makes the company a cultural icon, and a well-known and trusted brand to our future customers. With 800 service centers and 7,500 service bays in 35 states and Puerto Rico, it gives us more service locations than Volkswagen, Kia, Subaru, Mercedes Benz and BMW to name a few.

If someone lives in a market where there is no Pep Boys, how will they get their vehicle serviced?
The recent announcement of the Pep Boys partnership is a major step forward, as it provides service for 90 percent of our customers. For the remaining markets we are currently evaluating some of those options and will certainly have service in place when we launch in 2015.

Is the Elio something that a lot of "Do-it-Yourself" types will like to service themselves?
Absolutely. The Elio has a relatively simple design, so it’s something that the car enthusiast who likes to get their hands dirty will really enjoy.

Know that as you read this, the Elio Motors and Pep Boys teams are deeply immersed in developing service solution. So as soon as all the i’s and t’s are dotted and crossed, the details will be shared.

Meanwhile, rest assured that the best interests of Elio owners will be driving every decision.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Customer service will play a huge part in the success of Elio or any other new marque coming to market. It's relatively easy to build a one-off and copy it, but the running changes through development and into the first dozen "first articles" are a lot tougher. When I worked in product development for a large oilfield manufacturer, our service manuals were ring binders. No two products were alike - for at least the first year's production of about 20 units. You put a product in service - even after a couple years development - and you're still finding better solutions.

Our first five prototypes for the Top Drive System went into the field with a service tech attached. A manual wasn't enough; we were all still learning. Although the company had 70 years experience in rotating a drill string, this was a new technology and we borrowed wherever we could. Railroad switch engines, conventional (non-nuclear) submarines, even a few of our own related products served as development resources. By the time we began to test "high angle" (code word for "horizontal") drilling in the mid-'80's, we'd have a crew of techs - even an office/bunkhouse on location 24/7 for the first 90 days. Many of the running changes we implemented in the field. Today, the products are industry standards, but there will always be continuing development as the customers find new ways to employ them.

I'm certainly no expert in automotive manufacturing, but Elio, I suspect, is going to have teething problems getting to the point of product maturity - where they can crank 200 units per day off the line and they all get through QC. That's when you know you've reached product maturity. Development never ceases, it just gets better organized.

Top Bottom