• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dash Camera

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine looks like the PD E53H model.
Nice unit; I like that G Shock feature (if you're in an accident it can sense it and lock that part of the recording).
Looks like they're a good price too.
Polaroid has been around for a long time; they do know what they're doing when it comes to photography.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice unit; I like that G Shock feature (if you're in an accident it can sense it and lock that part of the recording).
Looks like they're a good price too.
Polaroid has been around for a long time; they do know what they're doing when it comes to photography.
I went out today to see if power cord would fit. I had plenty of slack. I got enthusiastic and mounted my adhesive cord clips(Lowes) and mounted the camera, hung the power cord, did the setting menu, and did a test drive. Everything went great and fairly easy for a klutz like me. Hope the geniuses on the road don't try to test it. Go Elio!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I went out today to see if power cord would fit. I had plenty of slack. I got enthusiastic and mounted my adhesive cord clips(Lowes) and mounted the camera, hung the power cord, did the setting menu, and did a test drive. Everything went great and fairly easy for a klutz like me. Hope the geniuses on the road don't try to test it. Go Elio!!!
So far so good; now when you're driving if someone pulls a bone head move in front of you, the second thing you'll want to check is if the camera got the picture; I think you know what the first thing is ....... :becky:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So far so good; now when you're driving if someone pulls a bone head move in front of you, the second thing you'll want to check is if the camera got the picture; I think you know what the first thing is ....... :becky:
Yell, "You have any idea how long I waited to get this Elio??!!," just before you clobber the bonehead with the now-disconnected outrigger wheel?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I bought one of those BlackBox G1W cameras for my wife's minivan, and gave it to her for her birthday in early December. While the installation was pretty easy, the included power adapter has a really long cord so I was able to wedge it in all the way around the windshield, I am not very happy with much else. The manual is practically non-existent. It's about three small pages of real content, and only covers the most basic features. It doesn't even point out the multi-color power/on indicator light, which makes it really hard to troubleshoot why the damn thing won't turn on automatically when you put power to it. And now after a few weeks, we can barely get it to turn on at all. Their web site has nothing more than product specs. There's no phone number for tech support (the only option you have for contact is an email address). This is really gonna suck trying to get this resolved.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So I bought one of those BlackBox G1W cameras for my wife's minivan, and gave it to her for her birthday in early December. While the installation was pretty easy, the included power adapter has a really long cord so I was able to wedge it in all the way around the windshield, I am not very happy with much else. The manual is practically non-existent. It's about three small pages of real content, and only covers the most basic features. It doesn't even point out the multi-color power/on indicator light, which makes it really hard to troubleshoot why the damn thing won't turn on automatically when you put power to it. And now after a few weeks, we can barely get it to turn on at all. Their web site has nothing more than product specs. There's no phone number for tech support (the only option you have for contact is an email address). This is really gonna suck trying to get this resolved.
That bytes; where did you get it from? If it was Amazon they're really good about returns; eBay not so much, but a lot better than they used to be.
And early December and it's now Jan; was it a 30, 60 or 90 day warranty?

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Polaroid manual covers camera well, but it is mice type and I definitely need my cheaters when reading. A couple of times it has flashed low battery, guess I am not driving enough for it. It is back to abby normal now. It was hard to register(warranty) with Polaroid as you could only use a flimsy postcard(no online). I sent the postcard enclosed in an envelope so I hope I have a year warranty. You might want to format you micro sd card, to see if it helps with the power up.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That bytes; where did you get it from? If it was Amazon they're really good about returns; eBay not so much, but a lot better than they used to be.
And early December and it's now Jan; was it a 30, 60 or 90 day warranty?
Yes, it was from Amazon. I think I bought it in Early November.

Top Bottom