• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dash Camera

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to go digging but I know I still have my first server hard drive, 10MB and it weighs 46lbs.

Found it Coss! :behindsofa::D

roman_tablet.jpg

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too bad about the G1W, mine is still working fine, but I understand getting consistent stuff from China is a crapshoot. The manual is truly useless, use the on line forums instead, they are much better. My internal battery is shot, but that just means it is not a portable go-pro anymore, unless I use it for less than a minute. A friend here at work just got one as well. For some reason the manufacturers of most of these low end cameras recommend the 32MB card, not the 64MB. Most of the recording issues with the cameras are due to the cards being used, not the camera itself. As for the 'crash impact' locking you out, this will occur at times, but should be not more than once or twice per month.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the forum you recommend? My wife sent an email to the support address almost a week ago, and there has been no reply.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will poke around my favorites bar, it has been a few years but I am sure its still there, the question is "on which computer" and then "before or after the hard drive crash". I switched my laptop to Ubuntu after the last Windows disaster, so it doesnt appear to be on there, but I kept the dual boot option so I could retrieve these kinds of things.
In the meanwhile - check out these links -
(general info)
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-dash-cam/

(how to check for a pirated version)

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/1...ash-cam-thats-worth-buying.html?currentPage=2

here it mentions a forum, may have been the one I used -
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why I suggested trying the different settings; it could mean the opposite of what it sounds it should be.
16GB? That's tiny for a video camera; I would say keep it at least 32GB preferably 64GB.
Mine records 3 different format records; MP4 if the regular view, LHM is the coded records and TXN is the indexing record (and there is no setting that changes it on mine) so a drive for 45 minutes is about 4.2MB each (1.9, 1.5, .6MB each format) 16GB fills in a hurry.
I have a sinking feeling about my dash camera(Polaroid), as my registration card returned to me(Return to sender) and I used the correct address. I guess Polaroid doesn't intend to warrant my camera. I seemed to have stopped the crash reports when closing door of car. I will attempt to extract SD card tonight to view.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a sinking feeling about my dash camera(Polaroid), as my registration card returned to me(Return to sender) and I used the correct address. I guess Polaroid doesn't intend to warrant my camera. I seemed to have stopped the crash reports when closing door of car. I will attempt to extract SD card tonight to view.
If you need help with your camera, you can contact Polaroid Support at:

Polaroid Info.gif

Top Bottom