• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dash Camera

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice unit; I like that G Shock feature (if you're in an accident it can sense it and lock that part of the recording).
Looks like they're a good price too.
Polaroid has been around for a long time; they do know what they're doing when it comes to photography.
I took out my micro sd card to see what I have recorded. Most of it was crash reports and the disk was about full. Seems every time I closed the door it recorded a crash. I formatted the disk and set the camera setting to "high" from "medium" before it records a crash. I hope next time to be able to view some video.:saturn:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I took out my micro sd card to see what I have recorded. Most of it was crash reports and the disk was about full. Seems every time I closed the door it recorded a crash. I formatted the disk and set the camera setting to "high" from "medium" before it records a crash. I hope next time to be able to view some video.:saturn:
Maybe it recorded China's stock market crash.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't wait as long to see if it helped; go like 2 or 3 days and recheck it; you'll probably have to go to "LOW" if it was that sensitive on "HIGH"
What size SD card do you have in it?

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't wait as long to see if it helped; go like 2 or 3 days and recheck it; you'll probably have to go to "LOW" if it was that sensitive on "HIGH"
Opps did I go the wrong way? It was set on medium and I reset it to high thinking it would take a bigger impact to set off the camera. It came with a 16g card, but I have a 32g spare in the car, in case of a crash I can change them.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is difficult for my meat hooks to work the buttons on my dash camera as it is tiny. I hope to get more dexterous with practice. :doh:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Opps did I go the wrong way? It was set on medium and I reset it to high thinking it would take a bigger impact to set off the camera. It came with a 16g card, but I have a 32g spare in the car, in case of a crash I can change them.
That's why I suggested trying the different settings; it could mean the opposite of what it sounds it should be.
16GB? That's tiny for a video camera; I would say keep it at least 32GB preferably 64GB.
Mine records 3 different format records; MP4 if the regular view, LHM is the coded records and TXN is the indexing record (and there is no setting that changes it on mine) so a drive for 45 minutes is about 4.2MB each (1.9, 1.5, .6MB each format) 16GB fills in a hurry.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why I suggested trying the different settings; it could mean the opposite of what it sounds it should be.
16GB? That's tiny for a video camera; I would say keep it at least 32GB preferably 64GB.
Mine records 3 different format records; MP4 if the regular view, LHM is the coded records and TXN is the indexing record (and there is no setting that changes it on mine) so a drive for 45 minutes is about 4.2MB each (1.9, 1.5, .6MB each format) 16GB fills in a hurry.

I still have my first SD card: a 128MB card that I payed $20+tax for. :p

Top Bottom