• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Direct Sales Banned In New Jersey

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that no one knows what lines of credit or what funding is or is not available to Elio at this time. You saying that Elio has no funding is as pointless a statement as me saying I think they have funding. Fact is, neither of us have any idea.
I don't believe that they do or don't have funding. The only thing that is on the record was Paul Elio stating that they had raise nearly 50 million already. I'm just saying that any serious investor will want proof that this has a chance of succeeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe that they do or don't have funding. The only thing that is on the record was Paul Elio stating that they had raise nearly 50 million already. I'm just saying that any serious investor will want proof that this has a chance of succeeding.

I agree with that position. We are on the same page here.
What I don't agree with is some people who seem to want people to believe that they have NO funding. It is unfortunate, but we just don't know what kind of cash position they are in. That's all I'm saying.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with that position. We are on the same page here.
What I don't agree with is some people who seem to want people to believe that they have NO funding. It is unfortunate, but we just don't know what kind of cash position they are in. That's all I'm saying.
They have very experienced board members. I doubt that they would get this far without investors willing to participate contingent on reaching predetermined bench marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The below are my thoughts on direct sales.

I think making them sell through dealers and having dealers service the vehicles is the best way to go. I know when i go to a dealer, and three salespersons hit me up, and each one trying to out-do the other, makes me feel good. Then, when it comes to financing, and I don't get the lowest rate possible, even better. And when I take the vehicle in for service, I get boned hard with the cost, it makes be feel like I am on top of the world!! I don't like the money I make to provide for me and my family, therefore, giving it away, to these poor souls who really need it, makes me feel I have done my job, as an American.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The below are my thoughts on direct sales.

I think making them sell through dealers and having dealers service the vehicles is the best way to go. I know when i go to a dealer, and three salespersons hit me up, and each one trying to out-do the other, makes me feel good. Then, when it comes to financing, and I don't get the lowest rate possible, even better. And when I take the vehicle in for service, I get boned hard with the cost, it makes be feel like I am on top of the world!! I don't like the money I make to provide for me and my family, therefore, giving it away, to these poor souls who really need it, makes me feel I have done my job, as an American.

I think you did a great job explaining exactly why we all love going to dealerships. :D

Reaction score
I did it twice. I will NEVER do it again. Last time, I rented a man to go in my place. That didn't even work. And to think Ohio IS going to pass that Senate Bill 260 or slip it in the State Budget Bill really ticks me off. Talked to my senator Matt Lynch Tuesday night and he gave me the bad prediction. The American Automobile Association has our government by the .... knockers. Matt Lynch is running now for US Congress against LaTurncoat. WRITE IN CANIDATE LINDA J. O'BRIEN is running again LaTurncoat's daughter from Kentucky for Matt's Ohio Senate post. May 2014, GO VOTE!

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well neither the Automobile, Motorcycle, or Airlines industries want the EE built..oh and the oil companies. So i guess we all need to go find something else to drive.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did it twice. I will NEVER do it again. Last time, I rented a man to go in my place. That didn't even work. And to think Ohio IS going to pass that Senate Bill 260 or slip it in the State Budget Bill really ticks me off. Talked to my senator Matt Lynch Tuesday night and he gave me the bad prediction. The American Automobile Association has our government by the .... knockers. Matt Lynch is running now for US Congress against LaTurncoat. WRITE IN CANIDATE LINDA J. O'BRIEN is running again LaTurncoat's daughter from Kentucky for Matt's Ohio Senate post. May 2014, GO VOTE!
I also have never had a good experience in a dealership and that goes for sales, parts and service. Everything from an attempt to seduce me while on a test drive into the country outside Raleigh, NC when I was in my twenties, to keeping the keys to my trade-in for hours while pressuring me to buy a car in Richmond, CA in my 40s. I hate American automobile dealerships. You men can have them but I want to buy my Elio direct from Elio without all the haggling. I want to know the price I pay is exactly what every man who buys the same car pays. I want to know the service I get costs me the same as every man who needs the same service (research by a man has shown that women are charged more 100% of the time). And I want to know the parts I am buying cost the same as men pay. To me that is promise #5 from Paul Elio. Now if they want to give me a Senior discount that is a whole other matter. :-) Z

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only good experience I have ever had with a dealership, as far as sales, was with Saturn. The price was clearly stated on the window and thats what you paid. No haggling over price. And the sales people did not act like vulchurs when we pulled up. Was refreshing.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There used to be two jobs that I felt benefit children(under 25) to have before they went out in the real world. One was working at a McD's back when they would actually make you work. That was so you developed an idea about what work was.
The other was as a car salesman. I learned that the greater you can screw people the better you are in the world of sales...no I did not say get caught. You are not doing your job well if the buyer figures out you screwed him...or her in your case dear. And knowing how the auto industry trains and conditions salesman has been a blessing throughout my life. I love going on a dealer's lot. Because I know. It is a contest. If you don't relish a good matching of wits then you lose before you start.
Btw I hated selling cars, the only job I got fired from, and I am proud of it.

Top Bottom