• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Direct Sales Banned In New Jersey

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ralphe here is the Letter that I sent to Obama, Hopefully you can copy and paste it.

President Barack Obama

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500-0004

MR. President

I am writing you asking for your support. Please keep in mind what I am asking for will benefit many people, and lead to,

• Economic recovery

• Less dependence on foreign oil

• Savings of millions to the taxpayers

• 1500 new jobs in the United States

Elio Motors http://www.eliomotors.com is currently trying to get a new vehicle into production, If you take a few minutes to review this and do some simple math you will agree that this is one of the greatest things to hit the street in many years, and you will agree that when this gets into production it will be one of the greatest benefits for the American worker and the American tax payer to be seen in years.

This vehicle can benefit in many ways.

Current projections are

• 1500 new jobs,

• A vehicle that is made in America with 95 percent American made parts

• 84 Miles per gallon

• A list price of $6800.00

Just think about all of the Government owned vehicles traveling the roads of the United States, a large percentage of these are costing in excess of $25,000.00 getting less than 30 miles per gallon and transporting one person. Now think about the savings to the taxpayers if these vehicles were to be replaced with the new vehicle from Elio. The savings in expenditures are alone astronomical, calculate in the cost of an Elio verses the vehicles now used with a cost most likely exceeding $25,000.00 compared to the $6,800.00 list price of an Elio, that alone is a reduction of over 70%, now figure in the reduced amount of gas used, you can’t argue the facts, this will save the tax payers millions.

Now start thinking about the general public, those who can’t afford a dependable vehicle, now they can, they now can afford a vehicle for a son or daughter attending school and be assured that they are driving a safe dependable vehicle. The applications for this vehicle are unlimited.

Now think about the economy. The result of this car on the road in the United States will be economic recovery, think about what happens when start to limit our driving due to the high cost of driving, we don’t spend money. It is a fact that if we are driving we are spending money. To keep the “Money Go Round” working people need to drive, the money needs to move to keep the economy healthy, anyone owning and driving one of these vehicles will have thousands more to spend every year.

Now think about the American worker. 1500 new jobs in the United States just at the manufacturing plant in Shreveport Louisiana where this vehicle will be built.

Now think about the bailout of the other car manufactures in the United States, it saved many jobs but many of the jobs have now been shipped out of the United States, this cost many millions of dollars that the tax payers paid for with no benefit.

Now it’s time for your support, I am asking first for you to publicly voice your support for Elio Motors.

Secondly I am asking you start replacing government owned vehicles with Elios, this is a win-win for all.

The vehicles are current not in production but are projected to be in 2015, to help raise the capitol I am requesting that you approve a grant to Elio Motors for whatever amount they need to get this into production.

The United States Government should reserve a minimum of 1000 of these vehicles at the $1000 level to replace more expensive less efficient vehicles , this is only $1,000,000 it will help raise some of the capitol needed by Elio and it will also show support for the American worker.

My request sounds like a lot but just do the math, alone in savings to the taxpayers the money will be recovered many times over.

I am not affiliated with Elio Motors, I am just an American taxpayer and someone who looks at the label before purchasing anything. I want to support my American coworkers. I have paid my $1,000.00 deposit for my new Elio. Please support the American workers and do what you can to help.

Please take a few minutes to look into this and help out the American Workers and Taxpayers

Sincerely

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ralphe here is a copy of the letter that I sent to every Governor, hopefully you can cop and paste it.

I am writing you and the Governor of every other state about the new vehicle from ELIO Motors. http://www.eliomotors.com/ this is one of the greatest concepts to hit the street in my lifetime.

This company needs the support of every state in the USA.

Someone in your position has what it takes to get this product to the public, by publicizing your support this company could easily get off the ground and get this into production and available to the general public.

It’s a simple concept; this vehicle will cut emissions due to the reduction in gas consumption and drastically reduce the dependence on foreign oil; less money spent on gas by the end user leaves more cash in hand to spend in your state.

What I am asking you to do is to is to order 100 of these vehicles for you state, this will not only raise some of the capital need by EILO Motors to get this into production, it will also show the American public and all of your supporters that you support the American Worker, this vehicle will be made in Shreveport Louisiana, current projections are that it will have 95% American made parts making it highest of any vehicle available.

Savings for your taxpayers is also a substantial benefit, right now how many state owned vehicles do you have on the road? Do the math, this car gets 84 miles per gallon with a list price of $6800.00, compare this to the cheapest most economical state owned vehicle that your state now has, most likely less than 30 miles per gallon and a price exceeding $25,000.00, how much money can you save your taxpayers per year?

I am also asking you to support and expedite any legislation and law changes needed to put this vehicle on the road in your state. Currently this vehicle is classified as a motorcycle, with this classification some states will require drivers to carry a valid motorcycle license and wear a helmet, and it is obvious that a helmet and a motorcycle license are not needed; these issues can be a road block when it comes to getting this concept on the road. These issues can be can be easily eliminated by making changes to your state laws (if needed) that are acceptable to get this vehicle on the road and maintain the motorcycle classification.

In a nutshell what I am asking is for you to place your states deposit for 100 of these vehicles at the $1000.00 level; this will only be a $100,000.00. Keep in mind that a 100k is only petty cash when you have the State checkbook. I am also asking that you expedite any legislation and law changes needed to put this vehicle on the road in your state.

I have already paid my $1000.00 deposit; I am asking you to save your state taxpayers tons of money by placing your order. I am not affiliated with Elio Motors, I am just a taxpayer that wants to see this Great American Product get off the ground.

Thank you for your support

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ralphe here is the Letter that I sent to Obama, Hopefully you can copy and paste it.

President Barack Obama

The White House

MR. President

I am writing you asking for your support. Please keep in mind what I am asking for will benefit many people, and lead to,

• Economic recovery

Elio Motors http://www.eliomotors.com is currently trying to get a new vehicle into production, If you take a few minutes to review this and do some simple math you will agree that this is one of the greatest things to hit the street in many years, and you will agree that when this gets into production it will be one of the greatest benefits for the American worker and the American tax payer to be seen in years.

Current projections are

• 1500 new jobs,

• 84 Miles per gallon

Just think about all of the Government owned vehicles traveling the roads of the United States, a large percentage of these are costing in excess of $25,000.00 getting less than 30 miles per gallon and transporting one person. Now think about the savings to the taxpayers if these vehicles were to be replaced with the new vehicle from Elio. The savings in expenditures are alone astronomical, calculate in the cost of an Elio verses the vehicles now used with a cost most likely exceeding $25,000.00 compared to the $6,800.00 list price of an Elio, that alone is a reduction of over 70%, now figure in the reduced amount of gas used, you can’t argue the facts, this will save the tax payers millions.

Now start thinking about the general public, those who can’t afford a dependable vehicle, now they can, they now can afford a vehicle for a son or daughter attending school and be assured that they are driving a safe dependable vehicle. The applications for this vehicle are unlimited.

Now think about the economy. The result of this car on the road in the United States will be economic recovery, think about what happens when start to limit our driving due to the high cost of driving, we don’t spend money. It is a fact that if we are driving we are spending money. To keep the “Money Go Round” working people need to drive, the money needs to move to keep the economy healthy, anyone owning and driving one of these vehicles will have thousands more to spend every year.

Now think about the American worker. 1500 new jobs in the United States just at the manufacturing plant in Shreveport Louisiana where this vehicle will be built.

Now think about the bailout of the other car manufactures in the United States, it saved many jobs but many of the jobs have now been shipped out of the United States, this cost many millions of dollars that the tax payers paid for with no benefit.

Now it’s time for your support, I am asking first for you to publicly voice your support for Elio Motors.

Secondly I am asking you start replacing government owned vehicles with Elios, this is a win-win for all.

The vehicles are current not in production but are projected to be in 2015, to help raise the capitol I am requesting that you approve a grant to Elio Motors for whatever amount they need to get this into production.

The United States Government should reserve a minimum of 1000 of these vehicles at the $1000 level to replace more expensive less efficient vehicles , this is only $1,000,000 it will help raise some of the capitol needed by Elio and it will also show support for the American worker.

My request sounds like a lot but just do the math, alone in savings to the taxpayers the money will be recovered many times over.

I am not affiliated with Elio Motors, I am just an American taxpayer and someone who looks at the label before purchasing anything. I want to support my American coworkers. I have paid my $1,000.00 deposit for my new Elio. Please support the American workers and do what you can to help.

Please take a few minutes to look into this and help out the American Workers and Taxpayers

Sincerely
Very good letter Jerry Greif. Thank you for posting it. Z

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score

President Barack Obama

The White House

MR. President

• Economic recovery

Current projections are

• 1500 new jobs,

• 84 Miles per gallon

Sincerely

Let me translate what the politician's aids assistant read

Blah, Blah, Blah.... Blah, Blah, Blah

Less fuel purchased due to economic car = less tax revenue

Less dependence on foreign oil = less perceived bargaining power with foreign policy

Economic recovery, that can't happen unless I sign a executive order allowing it.

As my strong voter base would say, "No Bueno"

If this is successful it will make solyndra look bad....oh wait...nevermind, Elio must be defeated.

Chris, "I think Elio is great, but politicians are narcissistic and if they didn't come up with the idea then is can not be a good idea. I think your letter fell on deaf ears"

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If enough consumers demand something, be it a product or a service, it will happen and protectionists and their lapdog politicians will be left in the dust. Frankly I'm surprised there aren't laws protecting whips and horse & buggy manufacturers. If America wants to stay competitive in the world we need to encourage risk takers like Paul Elio, not try to squash them for nearsighted profits.

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The direct sales issue won't be a problem. With direct sales, that which you ordered gets shipped directly to your home. That's what Tesla is doing. Their "showrooms" are operated like an art gallery. You go there, see what you like, then go home and order it to be shipped to your home. However, that's not what Elio is doing. As per their site:

"Delivery: Once you make your choice of transmission, color, etc, we go to work fast and hard. We will have your new Elio cleaned and ready with options installed and back to the Retail Center within 24 hours of the order!Our distribution centers are designed to move Elios...lots of Elios, quickly, efficiently, and damage free. That is part of our commitment to you. Further, we are working on that fantastic “Factory Pick-up” program we mentioned earlier. Details are to follow, but this delivery involves a tour of the plant in Shreveport, Louisiana and more."

The Elio model will be no different really than what other manufacturers use. Even some the major companies allow you to order online and receive it through the nearest authorized dealership.

Top Bottom