• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just don't share the belief that for some mysterious and unknown reason Paul and EM aren't doing all they can to get their trike into production .... my bet is absolutely nobody wants them rolling off the assembly line faster than the folks at EM .... we can want all we want (play on words intended) but unless one of us has tens of millions to invest, our weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth won't speed it up by one minute .... the picture of the frustrated child in the back seat chanting "are we there yet" comes to mind

wark80.jpg

:p All in good fun.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My analogy to that humor is a Dad telling his kids we will be to our Disney World destination in an hour knowing full well they are 2 days out. Kids, are we there yet? Dad, On track to arrive in about 15 minutes! Excited Kids, Almost there? Dad, Still on track, about 5 minutes. Kids, Almost there? No, another hour or 2, and by the way, I may not have enough money to fill the car with gas at the next gas stop. Understandably, disappointed kids.

There is understandably a few delay announcement disappointed Elio reservationists. Give them a break. They have reasonable questions regarding the production schedule delays with few answers on progress. I wouldn't insult them by comparing them to impatient children when EM hasn't followed through on their highly convincing marketing plan.

Production will likely happen when it's right and best not to set your hopes on some EM anticipated target date.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My analogy to that humor is a Dad telling his kids we will be to our Disney World destination in an hour knowing full well they are 2 days out. Kids, are we there yet? Dad, On track to arrive in about 15 minutes! Excited Kids, Almost there? Dad, Still on track, about 5 minutes. Kids, Almost there? No, another hour or 2, and by the way, I may not have enough money to fill the car with gas at the next gas stop. Understandably, disappointed kids.

There is understandably a few delay announcement disappointed Elio reservationists. Give them a break. They have reasonable questions regarding the production schedule delays with few answers on progress. I wouldn't insult them by comparing them to impatient children when EM hasn't followed through on their highly convincing marketing plan.

Production will likely happen when it's right and best not to set your hopes on some EM anticipated target date.
Thank

Thank you for your reply.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just don't share the belief that for some mysterious and unknown reason Paul and EM aren't doing all they can to get their trike into production .... my bet is absolutely nobody wants them rolling off the assembly line faster than the folks at EM .... we can want all we want (play on words intended) but unless one of us has tens of millions to invest, our weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth won't speed it up by one minute .... the picture of the frustrated child in the back seat chanting "are we there yet" comes to mind
Thank you for sharing some of my concerns related to this........I have been very surprised about the event that other Elio owners went to that did not have the basic items that you would expect for hundreds of people to attend. That was very inexpensive for them, and accommodating for others.Then with this Disappointment, that I read really made me wonder. Elio motors during the time while I was overseas, never told me that that the date was changed for production for 2015. It was after all of my arrangements, in March 2015 or later did I find out after addressing Paul Elio himself about the delay. This is after many E-mails with their staff in which they should of sensed what I am leading to in my opinion. I have not owned a vehicle since March 1991,(Fully loaded 1975 Thunderbird) and I honestly don't miss them, but this one has a specific purpose. I will turn my attention toward Elio motors from here on end and by the way, they will have tables at all of the future events. For any potential owners and existing owners of Elio products.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio says the elio is better than an old used clunker. I am having second thoughts. At least I can drive the old used clunker. I can't drive promises.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the announcement that the company plans to sell 100 pre-production car’s in the fourth quarter of this year to a fleet company so Roush can evaluate vehicles, production of our car’s will now be moved out to 2017 and an un-determined date? What the "HE double L" is this we have already had dates moved for the past two year's, I am at my end of being patient. For them to be telling use this again is just too much, I for one can no longer wait. I have been holding out and holding out on getting another car because I "knew" they would come through for us, but this is looking like it’s just going to be too little too late for me. I am very, very disappointed with the company at this point.
uh oh.. you may not know it but you just tinkled on someones doily. If your computer does not melt from all the "how dare you" and various insults to everything you value, I look forward to your next thread should you dare to post again. As the X Man said "Spark on!".. no wait..it was "flame on".

Top Bottom