• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

CBXBob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put more miles on my motorcycles than I do on my car, my 07 PT was purchased late in that year, just turned over 50K. About 6K per year. Last year I put 8K on the bike, the year before 6K. I think I'll have plenty of time for the Elio, I'm only 68 :p Won't sell the bike till I can no longer hold it upright, but the Elio felt so good behind the wheel the motorcycle may take second fiddle. We'll see. I was upset at first about the fleet sales going before reservations, but now I think it's a good sign, get production line going, figure out the bugs, then go full bore!

Jag39

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I've been moved up 3 times now, I think. Also bought 500 shares of the stock, which has actually done well for some reason. I'm a retiree, so now wondering if I'll see a car while I can still drive. Also, he says they are going to sell 100 to fleets, but does he actually have a customer, or is this a shot in the dark. I still think they would be better off getting those 100 cars on the road as advertisement. Then correct issues in new model years, like all the other car manufacturers. They all keep upgrading their product. I also suspect the price will start climbing. #2056

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I've been moved up 3 times now, I think. Also bought 500 shares of the stock, which has actually done well for some reason. I'm a retiree, so now wondering if I'll see a car while I can still drive. Also, he says they are going to sell 100 to fleets, but does he actually have a customer, or is this a shot in the dark. I still think they would be better off getting those 100 cars on the road as advertisement. Then correct issues in new model years, like all the other car manufacturers. They all keep upgrading their product. I also suspect the price will start climbing. #2056

SOS Alarm. Medford, OR
Treasure Coast Car Wash. Southeastern FL
Scoopy Doo. Long Island, NY
Griffin Beverage. WI and MI

These are four of the fleet buyers. It would be nice to see companies in CO and NM / AZ / NV and maybe AK to get a complete testing regimen.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SOS Alarm. Medford, OR

These are four of the fleet buyers. It would be nice to see companies in CO and NM / AZ / NV and maybe AK to get a complete testing regimen.
Where'd you get that list? I have a niece that lives in Medford, I'll have to give her a heads up when the fleet builds go out so she can keep her eye open and snap some pics.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.eliomotors.com/fleet/

This page has quotes from those companies about how they want to buy some.

"With such a vast area to cover, we need the most economical and affordable vehicle available. We are excited to enter into an agreement with Elio Motors to provide us with fleet vehicles."

"We are very excited about entering into an agreement with Elio Motors for our next fleet of vehicles."

"We wanted the opportunity to support American jobs by purchasing a fleet of vehicles from Elio Motors. "

"We have a unique business and this unique car fits us perfectly."

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great. Sent my niece a message so she knows to keep her eyes open around December this year/January next year and to take lots of pics if she spots one.
Maybe Paul will sell a bunch to Google for its Street View program. That would get the Elio wide exposure while saving Google some gas.

Last edited:

Jag39

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOS Alarm. Medford, OR

Appreciate the info. Nice to know it's a done deal, instead of a shot in the dark. Thanks for the post.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SOS Alarm. Medford, OR

Holy Crap ! ;)Scoopy Doo is a K9 excrement removal service . Incidentally , The median home value in Locust Valley Long Island is $577,900 with many well into the seven figures . Should be fun seeing the Elio running around with all the Bentleys .

scoopy-doo-smart-car-dog-poop-pickup.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom