• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Diy Hands On Projects

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Under the heading of "The Internet to the Rescue".
I have this older washing machine and I noticed the agitator didn't seem to be turning correctly. So I thought I needed a new agitator. I started poking around on the internet for a replacement one, when something else popped up about "agitator dogs". I never heard of such a thing, so I dug a little deeper. Sure enough, there are these small plastic "dogs" that keep the top of the agitator turning in one direction, while the bottom goes back and forth. These "dogs" are actually a wear item. In doing more research there was a "youtube" video that showed how to replace them. I ordered up a set of these "agitator dogs" for just a couple of bucks. Once they arrived, I re-watched the video and installed them. My washer is all fixed and for less than $5. You do learn something new everyday!! Attached is a picture of these small agitator dogs...
Agitator_Dogs.JPG

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
During the pandemic, I decided to put in a new kitchen countertop. I had been gathering supplies as they went on sale, so I had pretty much everything in stock. And when we went into lock down, it gave me something to do. Fast forward two years and one of the granite tiles popped, so I carefully wiggled it out. I didn't see any water intrusion -- scratching my head as to why it came lose. I cleaned everything up, mixed up some thin-set, and re-seated it. I still have to grout, seal and caulk around the sink. Crossing my fingers the second time around it will stay put.

Tile.JPG

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a Stanley #100 "squirrel tail" block plane. Before, after, and apart. I got the wiring done in the garage so it's much easier to plate now. Took about four hours start to finish for this small plane.
Stanley 100 recieved.jpg
Stanley 100 nickel.jpg
Stanley 100 apart.jpg

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To answer your questions: It was made by Stanley between 1898 and 1958, this one probably in the 1950's. USA made. They were typically jappanned with black paint. Later ones the blade clamp was red. Usually Stanley had better castings and better finishing on the earlier tools. Later they cut costs by leaving them rougher. This one had several issues with the castings that I had to take care of. Where the blade beds was not flat and where the blade clamp pushes up against the rod going across wasn't a consistent groove. So the nickel plating was usually reserved for the higher end tools. It doesn't rust and I like the looks. There are some tools I have I won't plate due to rarity. Unlike some collectors, I don't consider rust a patina.

Top Bottom