• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember the website saying somewhere that you can pick up orders at the factory or have it shipped. How the heck would they ship it? I guess they can put it in an enclosed trailer to account for the 3rd wheel. That'd be a sight.... the transport truck carrying porsches and corvettes unloading my $6800 elio haha

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I wonder if backing it onto the trailer might work better. "Y'" shaped trailer.
Yes, good idea, maybe like a T, one long narrow 4in deep channel ramp flared at the front, down the center, two short channel ramps on the sides up to the axle tube, with lights along the back with plate in middle. All three on ramps can ride on the middle ramp under the car. All most jack knife proof.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Loading the Elio onto a standard trailer with two ramps is actually fairly easy as long as the ramps can be repositioned anywhere along the back of the trailer. Just drive the front end on to the trailer and stop as soon as you have the front end loaded then move one ramp to the center and drive up the rest of the way.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I think we'd all rather pick it up at the factory. Load up my Ipod with some Metallica, fly to Shreveport, and drive it home :cool:

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Introducing the all new "regional" day" at the plant...West coast picks up on Mondays, Midwest on Tues...etc. This way you can rent a van and drive over together and then caravan your Elio's home. :)

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
delivery...Hmmm? now you got me thinking what a custom built Elio trailer would look like. Three ramps like a motorcycle trailer, low to the ground and made of lightweight aluminum. I can just picture one Elio towing a racing version Elio!

Yes, another aftermarket item - A custom built trailer for towing an Elio behind your motorhome[/quote]
Just get a full lay down tail gate. Load anything.
Loading the Elio onto a standard trailer with two ramps is actually fairly easy as long as the ramps can be repositioned anywhere along the back of the trailer. Just drive the front end on to the trailer and stop as soon as you have the front end loaded then move one ramp to the center and drive up the rest of the way.
Full width folding tail gate. all done in seconds.

Reactions: JP

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Food for thought, my rig.
8-12-12 266.JPG

Reactions: JP

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, another aftermarket item - A custom built trailer for towing an Elio behind your motorhome
Just get a full lay down tail gate. Load anything.

Full width folding tail gate. all done in seconds.[/quote]

True, true. I forgot the Elio is so light it can be taken on a regular landscaping or atv trailer

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Full width folding tail gate. all done in seconds.

Full width tail gate would be the easiest option, and lucky for me I happen to already own an enclosed trailer with full width tail ramp, however many people already own trailers with dual ramps so this method may allow them to continue using those trailers without needing any modifications or extra equipment.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember the website saying somewhere that you can pick up orders at the factory or have it shipped. How the heck would they ship it? I guess they can put it in an enclosed trailer to account for the 3rd wheel. That'd be a sight.... the transport truck carrying porsches and corvettes unloading my $6800 elio haha
I believe they will ship it to the dealer closest to your location and then your options will be added prior to pick up. I myself will have the factory install all my options because I will be driving it away from the factory!

Top Bottom