• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So many things I want to say, but I feel they would be taken the wrong way! Lol The good thing is that her date has to sit in the back seat. No eye contact or physical contact. I think it is an ideal car to send to college with his daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So many things I want to say, but I feel they would be taken the wrong way! Lol The good thing is that her date has to sit in the back seat. No eye contact or physical contact. I think it is an ideal car to send to college with his daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is brilliant! LOL

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Elio for some time. I do have my doubts but I am very hopefully this will come into production. I like the low price point and high fuel mileage. My current self employment requires me to travel long distances and 80+ MPG would help my bottom line profit. I hope the Elio will help remove the miles from my reliable but aging car. I had planed to buy a Chevy Cruze Eco but since my new car fund is 4k currently I am half way towards an Elio I plan to finance the rest and or do the credit card plan they have planned. I want to take delivery at the factory would be a great road trip plus wouldn't it make it cheaper? No destination fee?.

Reactions: JP

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Elio for some time. I do have my doubts but I am very hopefully this will come into production. I like the low price point and high fuel mileage. My current self employment requires me to travel long distances and 80+ MPG would help my bottom line profit. I hope the Elio will help remove the miles from my reliable but aging car. I had planed to buy a Chevy Cruze Eco but since my new car fund is 4k currently I am half way towards an Elio I plan to finance the rest and or do the credit card plan they have planned. I want to take delivery at the factory would be a great road trip plus wouldn't it make it cheaper? No destination fee?.

I was going to buy a Cruze eco or a Jetta TDI but I'm still in college now so I don't have a lot to spend on a car. It's going to be nice to get a brand new car for 7 grand though

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was going to buy a Cruze eco or a Jetta TDI but I'm still in college now so I don't have a lot to spend on a car. It's going to be nice to get a brand new car for 7 grand though

I thought about a TDI VW but they always command a premium as used cars. I was looking at buying a used Cruze Eco because they are much cheaper plus I planned to pay for most of it cash and have a low payment. Plus the Cruze can match the TDI mileage without having to deal with expensive TDI repairs.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought about a TDI VW but they always command a premium as used cars. I was looking at buying a used Cruze Eco because they are much cheaper plus I planned to pay for most of it cash and have a low payment. Plus the Cruze can match the TDI mileage without having to deal with expensive TDI repairs.

But I'm glad I chose the Elio. Will last a good while until I need a bigger or want a fancier car like Volvo (Swedish perfection:))

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Just came back from our round trip to Phoenix, AZ to see first hand the Elio car but they didn't have the P4 on display, I wasn't disappointed though because I get to see the earlier version P3 which I like better....too bad it's not as aerodynamic and I'm all for MPG which is what the car is all about so gotta compromise.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is the real question isn't it? I'm all in for 1K so there's no backing up for me now. But I have some lingering questions that needs to be cleared up. 1) When the Elio passes the crash test, IAV engine test and they satified all 4 "musts" including the final design has been set in stone then production starts right? 2) funding are in place to pay all the distributors and suppliers including paychecks for workers or are they still trying to come up with it from other sources? When money are in place, then things moves a lot faster. EM's projected time frame for actual production seems right at the first quarter of 2015 considering the amount of work needed to set everything up but I'm more worried about how much money they have "on hand" to get this project moving. Your thoughts.;)

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I leased a Cruz RS for my wife and can't wait for the lease to end, I hate this car. If your trying to decide between a Cruz and a VW buy the VW.

Top Bottom