• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will remain skeptical until I see information that the factory is tooling up.. Anything more than $100.00 all in is too risky at this point for me.. Too much talk and no action make me nervous.. My $100.00 all in was a gamble that I could afford to lose.. Just being realistic here but hopeful too..

Ray

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When any company keeps extending the production date, it's usually after more funding. If everything is coming together as planed the sooner production starts the sooner the orders are met and trust is back in the equation. I think everyone here wants one asap but we must be cautiously optimistic. It doesn't really have to pass a crash test but that is what elio wants. Sometimes you have to compromise like cruise control to meet your production date or target sale price. pushing production back is a definite red flag. Time is money. I just hope that this is the last production delay cause if there is one more i'll just wait till production starts and buy at the store.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When any company keeps extending the production date, it's usually after more funding. If everything is coming together as planed the sooner production starts the sooner the orders are met and trust is back in the equation. I think everyone here wants one asap but we must be cautiously optimistic. It doesn't really have to pass a crash test but that is what elio wants. Sometimes you have to compromise like cruise control to meet your production date or target sale price. pushing production back is a definite red flag. Time is money. I just hope that this is the last production delay cause if there is one more i'll just wait till production starts and buy at the store.
I think we're on the same plane (plain?) here Wayne.. It worries me that some with less money or on a fixed income and need a car at a good price could get hurt on this.. If Elio needs capital they should just say so.. Basically all I see is metal cage and body cover with an interior.. The drive train is from a clunker and this is the heart and soul of the Elio.. Trying to remain positive here but it's difficult with the negatives.. I would like to see where the all in money is being used and haven't seen anything yet..

Ray

Scott Miller

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well beyond the proverbial "it's easy for me to say" I would like to spread a thought of encouragement. This project has been in the works for 6 years now. Lots of R&D and effort to get a cost conscience, gas sipping, eerily attractive, green concept on the road. Obviously they have caught the eye of the American consumer and the feedback for the most part has been tremendous. We wouldn't be here if we didn't believe that this should and will be successful. Mr. Elio had the forethought to come up with the revolutionary idea and get it working and on track. I'm sure he would battle to the end to prevent its failure. Sure there will be bumps in the road...but I believe in American ingenuity and perseverance. Had this been a government program, I too would be shaking my head; knowing it was going down in flames. Thankfully it isn't...and hopefully the government will keep their nose out of it. So chin up...this will roll out soon enough; and I believe everyone will be pleasantly surprised in the end.

Last edited:

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
She is just OK with it. It wasn't until we had it for a few weeks that we realized how awful it is. Mostly its the steering that sucks. It has a numb feel to it and almost no feed back. The transmission never seems to know what gear to be in also. For a few dollars more we could have got a VW and wish we had now.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm anxious for production to start but they are 1 year from production and have yet to even finalize the design, let alone have a built prototype with the IAV engine they are using. Having put money in, we are investors in the company and if they push the production back or have further delays, an explanation would be nice. Not trying to be a hater, but as a car company, I am holding them to a high standard. I would like press releases so Elio information is not passed through the grapevine on this forum. We don't even have a production start date yet officially, just 1st quarter 2015. That could be January 2nd or St. Patricks day. Lots of talk but we need some progress updates

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who is actually funding this project is what I want to know. Of course Mr. Elio can always partner with the big 3 car makers who already have the resources to get the job done. The interest is definitely there and with that comes demand but the accumulated deposits from 10,900+ reservists are not gonna do it. Show us some funding numbers so we know where you stand. I have no doubt that EM can achieve the 4 "musts" and I'm patient enough to wait until next year but I'll sleep better at night when I see those numbers.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They really need to get some mules on the roads. Potential customers see the lack of progress, and refuse to go all in, I don't blame them. Lack of factory tooling doesn't bother me, auto manufactures completely change over a plant in a couple of weeks.............What would you think if Harley Davidson or Polaris merged/bought/funded Elio? Not starting a rumor, just asking about your thoughts about such a venture.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They really need to get some mules on the roads. Potential customers see the lack of progress, and refuse to go all in, I don't blame them. Lack of factory tooling doesn't bother me, auto manufactures completely change over a plant in a couple of weeks.............What would you think if Harley Davidson or Polaris merged/bought/funded Elio? Not starting a rumor, just asking about your thoughts about such a venture.
That is a very scary idea. I'm sure the price would jump dramatically. I know nothing about Polaris but HD is not known for their quiet, reasonably priced machines as far as I know.

Top Bottom