• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Drivers View?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I finally got to sit in the Elio. I was in a hurry because there was at least 50 people in line behind me to get in. I didn't have time to set up the camera for the panoramic shot but I did make this composite of the drivers eye view . Literally from the drivers headrest.
That is so cool. Thanks for that. It answers one of the questions posted this weekend about how much of the fenders you see from the driver's seat. Good job! :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is so cool. Thanks for that. It answers one of the questions posted this weekend about how much of the fenders you see from the driver's seat. Good job! :) Z
The closer to the wheel you sit, the less of the fenders you'll see. It seems like the further back the driver's seat is, the more you can see out the windows.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The closer to the wheel you sit, the less of the fenders you'll see. It seems like the further back the driver's seat is, the more you can see out the windows.
Very interesting. Since I am 5' 2" (well actually 1 7/8") I guess I won't see much of the fenders. Maybe I should plan on mounting some flags on the outside of each fender. LOL :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting. Since I am 5' 2" (well actually 1 7/8") I guess I won't see much of the fenders. Maybe I should plan on mounting some flags on the outside of each fender. LOL :) Z
LOL. You'd look like a diplomat... a diplomat from a very poor country, maybe, but a diplomat all the same. Maybe you could hire someone to drive for you and you could practice the princess wave though not many people would see you in the back seat. No, you need to drive it yourself. Get some flags or practice the "Elio Lean" to see your tires! LOL

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
P1080248.JPG
P1080248.JPG
P1080249.JPG
P1080247.JPG
Post the 3 photos in full resolution and I can do a good quality photomerge for you.
I probably could get a better one together, but short on time..
That is so cool. Thanks for that. It answers one of the questions posted this weekend about how much of the fenders you see from the driver's seat. Good job! :) Z
Surprisingly little , you do have to lean just a little to see them. maybe 2 inches each direction.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great Pictures. Thank you. Has anyone who has sat in this vehice noticed, or asked if there is any type of glove compartment or storage box, planned to store papers like reg. insurance cards, chargers, etc? I see the little cell phone storage near the cup holder, but nothing else. Even a little pull out draw under the seat would be helpful. Also is there a 12v power outlet, that we used to call cigarette lighter plugs? It looks like one on the dash, but having never seen one, I don't know.

Top Bottom