• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Drivers View?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great Pictures. Thank you. Has anyone who has sat in this vehice noticed, or asked if there is any type of glove compartment or storage box, planned to store papers like reg. insurance cards, chargers, etc? I see the little cell phone storage near the cup holder, but nothing else. Even a little pull out draw under the seat would be helpful. Also is there a 12v power outlet, that we used to call cigarette lighter plugs? It looks like one on the dash, but having never seen one, I don't know.
You can store that stuff in the trunk behind the back seat along with the spare tire and golf clubs.:)

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elibeth.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
There wasn't enough information in the EXIF and the images weren't high enough resolution for my program to map properly, you also moved the camera around in the taking instead of from the same spot, so a proper photomerge couldn't be performed unfortunately.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great Pictures. Thank you. Has anyone who has sat in this vehice noticed, or asked if there is any type of glove compartment or storage box, planned to store papers like reg. insurance cards, chargers, etc? I see the little cell phone storage near the cup holder, but nothing else. Even a little pull out draw under the seat would be helpful. Also is there a 12v power outlet, that we used to call cigarette lighter plugs? It looks like one on the dash, but having never seen one, I don't know.
Looking at the photos of the P3 there might be one next to the drivers left knee in the dash. on the P4 it looks like there might be a document box in the left door. I guess we'll see what/where in the P5

Attachments

• eliodoor.jpg
    eliodoor.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 324

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting. Since I am 5' 2" (well actually 1 7/8") I guess I won't see much of the fenders. Maybe I should plan on mounting some flags on the outside of each fender. LOL :) Z
You should not really have a problem. I saw the rep jacking the seat up for a short person. My wife will need that too.:)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that the view is addressed, I wanted to point out something to address the question about the LED lights on the fenders.

The idea of distraction is understating the issue. The problem with lights being visible to the driver is the 'flash' blinding. It's more than a distraction, that segment of your sight will not see anything for a few seconds or more. In the Elio this will happen since you will lean your head and body into the turn and any LEDs on the back of the wheels will come into view. Plus there is reflection off of the window frame and elsewhere.

That is not so much of a problem in the city with bright street lights. But in dark areas and in the countryside at night it could be.

With those LED's on the backside, at minimum, you'll have to make it a habit of not looking directly at them.

Of course, it's very possible to shade them to any angle upward at the driver. And I recommend that feature.

Top Bottom