• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E-series Has Started How About Some Photos?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome OldAFguy. Now first take a few deap breaths. This is going to take a while.
The best source for info is the SEC fileing where you can find info like this
diagram1.jpg

$25M Regulation A offering underway

E1 Engineering drawing release – Month 2

E1 Builds begin – Month 3

E1 Testing – Month 4

S1 Production drawing release & tooling kickoff - Month 7

Order long lead equipment – Month 9

Shreveport plant integration – Month 9

Initial 10 retail locations selected – Month 10

Retail lease agreements signed – Month 11

Service partner agreements signed – Month 11

S1 Builds and production validation – Month 13

Initial 10 retail stores build out complete – Month 14

S2 Builds & EPA/CARB certification complete – Month 14

Start of Production – Month 15

and this

Hari Iyer, Chief Operating Officer and Elio Motors Board Member. Mr. Iyer has been with Elio Motors since January 2014 and brings nearly 25 years of product development, business strategy and operations expertise in the automotive industry. From January 2011 to August 2013, Mr. Iyer was Executive Vice President at Envia Systems, a Silicon Valley battery manufacturer, where he led all aspects of business strategy and product commercialization. From October 2009 to November 2010 (and as a full-time consultant from ESG Engineering from October 2006 to September 2009), he served as Vice President of Engineering at Next Autoworks Company. At Next Autoworks, Mr. Iyer developed the original vehicle architecture, led the selection of vehicle technologies and suppliers and was responsible for all module engineering teams. From June 1999 to September 2009, Mr. Iyer was co-founder and Chief Operating Officer at ESG Engineering, a product development firm specializing in the automotive and cleantech space. Mr. Iyer held various positions at Johnson Controls, Automotive Systems Group from January 1989 to August 1997. He received his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Penn State and his M.B.A. from Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Please relax and enjoy the ride;)
We've all been taken for ride, is what I say it is! :D A Long one for most of us that's been around since it's inception. A ride towards the future, the unknown....Twilight Zone??? I'm only messing around fellas! :D But kidding aside, if the ATVM loan should be approved, or angel investors are to come in, this is the year! If it don't happen this year, what makes everybody think that it will be approved NEXT year, or the year after? No application take that long! Darn it, I hate to see their creditors repossess all that is dear to EM including all the P series iterations (P0-P5) to pay for their debts!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The company has announced that the E-series builds have started. Yay! How about some photos of the production line and the vehicles in-progress??? I understood these were to be built on a line in production fashion all 25 at a time.

It is already about the middle of Feb. They will have to get cracking if they are going to finish these 25 E-series, do the testing, make fixes AND get the main production line up and running by the end of the year.

BTW do we know the name of the production honcho guy/gal and his or her background?

OldAFGuy
You aren't the only old AF guy! Welcome to the forum!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"hose funds are currently being put to use in building the E-Series, which will help us with finalizing our engineering in such areas as durability, aerodynamics, and safety. We’re excited to build these vehicles and, oddly enough, just as excited to tear them apart. It’s a huge step in our development and a big part of our mission to get to production." 2/9/16 em blog
(bold me)
doesn't say they are building them- only talks of being excited to build,--- anyone else read the same?/different??

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"hose funds are currently being put to use in building the E-Series, which will help us with finalizing our engineering in such areas as durability, aerodynamics, and safety. We’re excited to build these vehicles and, oddly enough, just as excited to tear them apart. It’s a huge step in our development and a big part of our mission to get to production." 2/9/16 em blog
(bold me)
doesn't say they are building them- only talks of being excited to build,--- anyone else read the same?/different??
Same.

OldAFGuy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
"(T)hose funds are currently being put to use in building the E-Series."

I guess "currently" and "building" can mean early preparatory work. I was just hoping they had done all that during their crowdfunding months.

I think it would be cool to see some photos of the prototype production line even if there are not any vehicles flowing through it yet. Is it an actual conveyor type line like GM used in the LA plant or is it a series of bays like the specialty car makers use? I'm Very Curious to see how they will scale from 25 units to 100,000+ unit rate in less than a year.

I also think it would be cool to get some more data on the motor and see it using fuel at an 84mpg rate while putting out highway horsepower. That would be a significant milestone!

Oh well I guess it will come when it comes.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I guess "currently" and "building" can mean early preparatory work. I was just hoping they had done all that during their crowdfunding months.

I think it would be cool to see some photos of the prototype production line even if there are not any vehicles flowing through it yet. Is it an actual conveyor type line like GM used in the LA plant or is it a series of bays like the specialty car makers use? I'm Very Curious to see how they will scale from 25 units to 100,000+ unit rate in less than a year.

I also think it would be cool to get some more data on the motor and see it using fuel at an 84mpg rate while putting out highway horsepower. That would be a significant milestone!

I agree 100%. A wise moderator informed me a short time ago: "the trike will either be built or it won't".

I like your, "Oh well I guess it will come when it comes" philosophy. It keeps us focused on the prize not the progress.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

You never seen the production line? Well then, have a look
Elio Plant Tour

As for the motor specs, I've been told by EM that they don't even have them; why? Unknown, it's just what I was told by Neil of the Elio Tour Group

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That video brings up something interesting. The P4 in action. I have seen many Youtube video reviews from people who drove the P4. That was before the P5 with the IAV motor was made. But people here are saying that the P5 cannot be driven for review since it is too valuable? Was the P4 not equally as valuable?

That tells me that it is not that the P5 is an untouchable priceless gem but more that the IAV setup is not quite ready for review.

Top Bottom