• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E-series Has Started How About Some Photos?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"hose funds are currently being put to use in building the E-Series, which will help us with finalizing our engineering in such areas as durability, aerodynamics, and safety. We’re excited to build these vehicles and, oddly enough, just as excited to tear them apart. It’s a huge step in our development and a big part of our mission to get to production." 2/9/16 em blog
(bold me)
doesn't say they are building them- only talks of being excited to build,--- anyone else read the same?/different??
And your thoughts on the rest of the blog "raising over $17 million." Any thoughts if it's a little over $17m or a lot over $17m?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And your thoughts on the rest of the blog "raising over $17 million." Any thoughts if it's a little over $17m or a lot over $17m?
Easy one John, although I always liked multiple choice questions over fill-ins
Matters not how much over, 17m and one cent fit- --raising over 17m (the process)does not = to raised over 17m (the result)
Then again, I defer to Evergreen Grad (I think I got it right?)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That video brings up something interesting. The P4 in action. I have seen many Youtube video reviews from people who drove the P4. That was before the P5 with the IAV motor was made. But people here are saying that the P5 cannot be driven for review since it is too valuable? Was the P4 not equally as valuable?

That tells me that it is not that the P5 is an untouchable priceless gem but more that the IAV setup is not quite ready for review.
No, the P4 had a used Geo Metro driveline in it; the P5 has the IAV motor and the Aisin tranny. If they blew up the Geo it was no big deal, the IAV is still a one off at this point.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"I love all the comments in that video calling Elio a scam" - where and how did you hear comments during that video? There is nothing but music playing while the P4 drives around.
Didn't you play it backwards? I heard it clearly. The voices clearly said Elio is a scam. They also said I should get ready for the visitors from Alpha Centauri to come pick me up. They have a schedule to maintain. :confused:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't you play it backwards? I heard it clearly. The voices clearly said Elio is a scam. They also said I should get ready for the visitors from Alpha Centauri to come pick me up. They have a schedule to maintain. :confused:
Play it backwards and I distinctly heard- "Paul is the walrus"( now that's funny if ya remember The Beetles)

“I Am the Walrus” is on the Beatles’ 1967 release Magical Mystery Tour. Because of its strange imagery, “I Am the Walrus” has long been closely scrutinized by people looking for clues that Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a lookalike. To search this song for hidden meanings is rather ironic since, according to Pete Shotton, John Lennon intended to write a song with nonsensical imagery to confound those who looked for significance in every Beatle lyric. After recalling a grotesque song they used to sing as children, John strung together the most ludicrous imagery he could think of. Shotton recalls that after writing the song, “He turned to me, smiling. ‘Let the fuckers work that one out, Pete.'”

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have problems with the word scam. People use it even when they don't think it is a scam.
So, it got me to wondering, is there a word that describes the uneasy feeling you get when you fear an endeavor might fail? So I googled it. I found this article. https://liminalspacesite.wordpress....aging-fears-while-embarking-on-new-endeavors/
I still don't have a word to use, but anybody have any suggestions?

I think the article really nails the feeling most of us have. From Paul to that guy who is saying scam.

OldAFGuy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey Coss,

Sorry but that video is not of a production line. It is a video of the prototype driving through a big ass empty building with some fixtures left over from when a real production line used to be in there. Basically all you can say that video shows is a big empty building where someday a production line could once again be built. Since EM didn't build the building or install those fixtures or build/run the previous line that was there before, the video tells us nothing about EM or their progress toward production.

EM has said that the E-series will be built all at once on a production line of some sort, I guess in Detroit. I was just curious since they said they would be building the E-series this year (I'm giving up on "have started") how far along that line was and what it looked like. Unless they are going to hand build them individually like the P-5, they have a lot of work to do setting up the line. A big project in itself before E-1 even starts building.

OldAF

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Coss,

Sorry but that video is not of a production line. It is a video of the prototype driving through a big ass empty building with some fixtures left over from when a real production line used to be in there. Basically all you can say that video shows is a big empty building where someday a production line could once again be built. Since EM didn't build the building or install those fixtures or build/run the previous line that was there before, the video tells us nothing about EM or their progress toward production.

EM has said that the E-series will be built all at once on a production line of some sort, I guess in Detroit. I was just curious since they said they would be building the E-series this year (I'm giving up on "have started") how far along that line was and what it looked like. Unless they are going to hand build them individually like the P-5, they have a lot of work to do setting up the line. A big project in itself before E-1 even starts building.

OldAF
Actually, that IS the line and it looks like all the equipment is still there. Obviously, they didn't drive through the welding or paint booth are as but they did actually drive on the same assembly line we built S-10s on. All that is missing is some material handling stands and a bunch of people using the overhead ratchets. The S-10 assembly area (and later, the HMMV) is mostly people standing in a spot near a stack of parts waiting to put their part on the passing vehicle.

It seemed, in you original post, that you were wanting to see the Detroit assembly line. It won't be elaborate but should be set up to make sure that the order of parts assembly works and that the parts all fit like they should.

Top Bottom