• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E-series New Article....

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More like Month 3, since that is where builds are/were supposed to begin. And that would put the beginning of "Vehicle Production" on-track for Month 12 (aka September of this year). If the final 3 Months of the 15 Month plan is to produce and collect data on the 100 Fleet autos, then January 2017 could be a realistic beginning of public production.
I read that differently. I see a December pre production build as the beginning of at least three months of testing before public production can begin. Putting the fastest possible public production on April 1? Seems appropriate. My actual expectation is closer to summertime.

ps Is S1 the approved model designation? I hadn't heard that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol floydv, I been there. We were lead to believe the building of these prodotypes was started with a picture of that lonely body panel on a pallet on the cement floor waiting for the paint to dry. The building next door to technosport IS technosport's building. The only news here is eight people are going to be hired. Hired from where, Technosport? I smell smoke.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
lol floydv, I been there. We were lead to believe the building of these prodotypes was started with a picture of that lonely body panel on a pallet on the cement floor waiting for the paint to dry. The building next door to technosport IS technosport's building. The only news here is eight people are going to be hired. Hired from where, Technosport? I smell smoke.

It says:

Raffin said the Elio Motors Pilot Operations Center was established adjacent to Technosports Creative – the company that built Elio prototypes P2 through P5 – to facilitate the transfer of knowledge as the company transitions from the prototype development phase to the E-Series.

Sounds like they will be assimilated....resistance is futile!

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images (1).jpg

Should there be a state which holds out against the autocycle-needs-no-helmet law, you might as well try this for size.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best part of this news is that an entirely new team will be building the E-series. That is a test of the documentation as much as anything else. Sure, there will be people on-hand to answer questions, but the fact that a question gets asked is indicative of a glitch that will need to be ironed out.

That's true, but, did I miss something????????????????

Weren't the E series "also" to be used to "set up" the production line ??????????

If so, this in NO way helps get E's out the door !!!!

Great to "transfer information" but it really doesn't (or seems like is doesn't) really move things along !!! :D

Waiting patiently .................................................

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Weren't the E series "also" to be used to "set up" the production line ??????????

Great to "transfer information" but it really doesn't (or seems like is doesn't) really move things along !!! :D

Along with using the E-series vehicles for testing, the builds were going to be used to help dial in the assembly process. That process was intended to be done in MI and the knowledge would then be used to help set up the lines in Shreveport. So as long as the team of 8 are Elio employees or contractors who will be taking the knowledge down to Shreveport, then it sounds like it is the same progress as advertised.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Along with using the E-series vehicles for testing, the builds were going to be used to help dial in the assembly process. That process was intended to be done in MI and the knowledge would then be used to help set up the lines in Shreveport. So as long as the team of 8 are Elio employees or contractors who will be taking the knowledge down to Shreveport, then it sounds like it is the same progress as advertised.

That is the assumption I made.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Simply put:
The E-series was always planned to be built on a mock assembly line, in MI.
The S-series (aka Fleet production) will be built on a version of the real assembly line, in Shreevesport.

[It just occured to me that the "S" might have always stood for "Shreeveport"]

Top Bottom