• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A black Elio at the auto show. I'm sorry, but I don't think they could have made a worse color choice. An Elio is a fun car for the young at heart and it's color should reflect that. Black is for the Mercedes or Lincoln who wants to appear superior.
I could not agree more. That is why I really thought they would go with the True Blue instead. Vibrant, playful, stands out much more than black...
Hey! I know I sort of act curmudgeonly from time to time, but I really am twenty-six, and I think the black looks awesome.

Admittedly, that's largely because I want to put the HUD in it and make jet-plane noises with my mouth while I drive one around- certain grays work, too- so it's a sort of shameless, childish geekiness that makes me think it's cool, but it is neat.

I've also considered getting it in white and adding a solid-color band down the side since it would sort of make the Elio look like one of Disney World's monorails.

Anyway, my newly cemented status as Dweeb Supreme aside, my experience with my millennial peers- as is typical of most of humanity- has been that they are actually somewhat more prone to conformity rather than outbursts of vibrant, rebellious, individualistic exuberance, but they may conform to what previous generations see as a changed state. Youth engage in almost ritualized, superficial quests for identity apart from their elders. Some who fear the loss of youth engage in ostentatious affectations. Then there are those who just like a bright color, and geeks who want the Batmobile but are broke. There are also the lazy who realize that gray and silver will handle infrequent washes more gracefully, and don't think they look too bad, anyway.

Let's see all the colors, and let's see some weird and beautiful custom wraps and paint jobs. Let's see some truly awful home-spun Rustoleum attempts, too, if only for the comedic value. I want to see so many of these trikes on the road and half-modified in garages that I will eventually get to see a multi-tone Elio that's clearly been repaired with the first available door or fender, nevermind the color. I personally think the orange and green they show on EM.com are hideous, and mostly just remind me of an iPhone 5c, conveying questionable taste rather than free spirit, but let's see a swarm of them, too!

Who am I to judge? Clearly, I have no taste, since I've pondered an Epcot-aesthetic for mine, and I'd probably play "Symphonie Electronique" in it while driving around, still making the jet-plane noises and telling anyone who will listen that it's an F-5 for the road. :D

Which, of course, gives me an idea that I'll probably be too cheap to actually follow through on: paint it up (or wrap it) like one of the "MiG-28s" from Top Gun, then wait and see how many actually get the F-5 claim, suss out my fellow aviation enthusiasts. Of course, then I'd want to dress up something real big as an F-14, too...

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Elio reps at show, Elgin dash is not gonna happen. E1c dash is the final design.
Let's hope for a lot of complainers here that the word of the reps at the show are correct. As it's been pointed out to me multiple times here, you can't believe it until it's written or on video with Paul saying it. I'll be happy with whatever as an Elio in my driveway with an ugly dash is better than an engineering model at a show with a nice dash!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's currently 6%, and that's from Joel sheltrown who should know.
Must be a later poll after recent news about Elio.

Polls are like workers. Some are good and some are like the bosses second cousin who needs the job he/she can't do and can't fire.

CHUCK G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Let's hope for a lot of complainers here that the word of the reps at the show are correct. As it's been pointed out to me multiple times here, you can't believe it until it's written or on video with Paul saying it. I'll be happy with whatever as an Elio in my driveway with an ugly dash is better than an engineering model at a show with a nice dash!
I agree with you. AN ELIO ON MY DRIVEWAY is better then 100 ELIO'S at any model show.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree! If any of us actually ''value" and NEED what is being offered, a little cosmetic thing isn't going to break the deal. If the dash is a deal-breaker for anyone, than that leaves one more Elio available for some lucky individual, that appreciates the "value." I don't buy all the flak about the dash being a safety issue. If safety is a concern...buy a Hummer.

What EM is trying to accomplish here, is nothing less that a "gift" to us all.
I will not look this gift horse in the mouth.
PS. This "horse" has been sufficiently and thoroughly beaten. :deadhorse:end of rant. :becky:
For those with young and good eyesight, the Elgin Dash is not an issue. But with many older folks who have to deal with eye problems due to aging, the Elgin Dash is very much a safety issue. But a HUMMER isn't an option either for those seeking VALUE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom