• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many early reservationists checked the available AC option box. I'm not exactly sure what would you like to update your reservation to include AC means.......certainly doesn't mean you are going to get it based on what came straight from the opposite end of the horses mouth, "the SOLO doesn't need AC, it's like putting AC in a motorcycle."

It "should not" affect your Signature Series Plate........or will not? Mark West, EMV's VP of Sales works hard to make Sales and EMV's P takes them away.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised that I got a response on my inquiry regarding the A/C option from no less than Mark West. Here's it is:

Hi ________________,
Thank you for your email.
Would you like to update your reservation to include A/C? It should not affect you receiving a Signature Series plate.

Thanks,
Mark West
Vice President Sales and Dealerships
Electra Meccanica Vehicles
OTCQB: ECCTF
Vancouver BC V5T 1A4
After thanking him I responded by saying if the A/C will not delay my SOLO delivery then by all means I want it added to my reservation! And so there you go fellas, straight from the horses' mouth. ;)
Well, the way you interpreted Mark's vague answer conflicts with Jerry's past statements.
Jerry had alluded to a possible early 2019 start of deliveries for the Solos with A/C. But who am I to say?

Notice that Mark said, "should not affect you receiving a Signature Series plate."
Not, specifically, "WILL NOT delay the delivery of your air conditioned Solo."
That COULD be taken to mean that you MAY get your Solo with A/C in 2020 or so,
But delay or no delay, it WILL arrive wearing a Signature Series Plate.

Rick, you posted while I was typing this.
Like minds and all that.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the way you interpreted Mark's vague answer conflicts with Jerry's past statements.
Jerry has alluded to a possible early 2019 start of delivery for the Solos with A/C. But who am I to say?

Notice that Mark said, "should not affect you receiving a Signature Series plate."
Not, specifically, "WILL NOT delay the delivery of your air conditioned Solo."
That COULD be taken to mean that you MAY get your Solo with A/C in 2020 or so,
But delay or no delay, it WILL arrive wearing a Signature Series Plate.

Rick, you posted while I was typing this.
Like minds and all that.
I know, I'm not up to date on Jerry's past statements so your assessment could very well be it. I should've asked when deliveries of the first 1000 Signature series starts trickling in but I can't imagine it being available 1Q if they're still assembling it in Canada and not in China! :D

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, I'm not up to date on Jerry's past statements so your assessment could very well be it. I should've asked when deliveries of the first 1000 Signature series starts trickling in but I can't imagine it being available 1Q if they're still assembling it in Canada and not in China! :D
They're trickling now. Although, to my knowledge, you can count the # of Solos delivered to retail customers on one hand...
Jerry said that Solo #27 is on an assembly table. I am going to assume that it's #27 overall and not the 27th retail customer's Solo.
He also said that they are looking into another Canadian factory location and have a meeting scheduled with someone this week about it.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They're trickling now. Although, to my knowledge, you can count the # of Solos delivered to retail customers on one hand...
Jerry said that Solo #27 is on an assembly table. I am going to assume that it's #27 overall and not the 27th retail customer's Solo.
He also said that they are looking into another Canadian factory location and have a meeting scheduled with someone this week about it.
They're not making it easy for us to get our 3wheeler ain't it? :D With my #556, I'll be lucky to see one in my garage this year! :( So in my case, it'll be a decision if I'm buying the FUV or the SOLO which will then be within my grasps 1st or 2nd Q 2019 ......and the ELIO could just resurrect themselves with the funding they need and start cranking up ELIOs at Shreveport which is just waiting to mass produce not in double digits but in the thousands! Or I might be too old to wait and just lease the new Honda Clarity or the new Leaf Evs.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious how many of the 1000 Signature Series SOLO belongs to Canadian customers??? I would also assume that their slow deliveries might be associated with how much money they have to sustain production, salaries and all unless they've already acquired financial backing from their Chinese partners.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious how many of the 1000 Signature Series SOLO belongs to Canadian customers??? I would also assume that their slow deliveries might be associated with how much money they have to sustain production, salaries and all unless they've already acquired financial backing from their Chinese partners.

At the moment their slow deliveries are due to trying to produce as many Solos as possible in a micro factory.
Bottleneck is the relevant term. Have you seen the videos featuring that tiny garage?
The current Solos are being hand built with no automation.

I don't believe that the Chinese will be bankrolling EMV outside of tooling their own Chinese factory.
I believe they have agreed to produce x number of vehicles for a percentage of the proceeds from those vehicles.

I don't think there is any problem with the money at this point.
EMV has been on the OTC for a while and they filed for NASDAQ in October.
http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release...nasdaq-capital-markets-listing-20171017-00796

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the moment their slow deliveries are due to trying to produce as many Solos as possible in a micro factory.
Bottleneck is the relevant term. Have you seen the videos featuring that tiny garage?
The current Solos are being hand built with no automation.

I don't believe that the Chinese will be bankrolling EMV outside of tooling their own Chinese factory.
I believe they have agreed to produce x number of vehicles for a percentage of the proceeds from those vehicles.

I don't think there is any problem with the money at this point.
EMV has been on the OTC for a while and they filed for NASDAQ in October.
http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release...nasdaq-capital-markets-listing-20171017-00796
Hand built SOLOs might be more expensive at the moment for EMV but hey we can always brag that "my Signature SOLO was hand built like a Ferrari"! :D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only problem EMV has with money at this point is Jerry keeps cancelling reservations and he isn't getting any of mine. :)
I can understand how unfair JK handled your inquiry. But I bet you won't miss the SOLO once you get your hands on your brand spanking new Tesla 3! :D

Top Bottom