1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by RUCRAYZE, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Hog

Hog Elio Addict

I have a res. in on a Sondors, betting they will be quicker to market, although Solo is plugging along with 30 plus vehicles now, a whole fleet compared to elio.

Maurtis likes this.
  2. KD

KD Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    18,706 - 5 speed manual, rear wing just because it will look fast (Ha Ha), carpet, window tint, back windows that can pop out (think old school VW), upgrade stereo
    I couldn't agree more! Love the fact my daily commute is covered by electricity, but when we need to road trip somewhere, the Volt works for that also. At 40+ mpg, it is an affordable driver. Plus it is just plain fun to drive.

3. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    ... don't tell her the alternator is super easy to replace if you want to get a new car!

4. Frim

Frim Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    She is convinced that something else will break tomorrow. The new alternator ($295.00) failed within two days which further convinces her that she is right. This car is paid for and now ready to give 200k miles with no payments. Looks like someone is going to get a good car with a new alternator and new tires.

Maurtis likes this.
  5. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse Elio Addict

Most people who test drive a highway capable EV tend to have a hard time going back to ICE vehicles.

94K Camry? It's barely broken in! $150 alternator, and drive for another 200K

6. johnsnownw

johnsnownw Elio Addict

If you're looking at EVs do NOT buy a LEAF, lease it. It does not have an actively cooled pack and will absolutely degrade faster because of it. It's a great deal if 150 miles will work for you.

Take a test drive of the Bolt, as well, that one has active cooling and would be a much better vehicle to consider purchasing. Though I would still recommend you lease it.

7. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    If my wife were not involved and I had access to my garage, I'd own three used cars, one always in for check-up/rebuild. Nothing fancy, maybe the Camry above(or my PriusC), a Tacoma and my Atlantric. But I don't mind calling the tow-truck once every few years.

But my wife has her security mind set, and it is, what it is.

Frim likes this.
  8. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    When are we going to get to see some progress pictures on the Atlantric?

9. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Gosh, you and me both. 2 of my adult children (with 5 kids between them) have pushed all of that on the back burner. We're a mess. I have 11 people in my home at this point. I can just barely reach into the garage to just barely touch the 'plug' (male mold).
    One parent is promising to move out with-in two years. Ha! we'll see! The other will likely be forced out when their twin 14year-olds leave. (5 years?) (I refuse to see my grandkids living in a dumpster! )
    The one grandchild (seen on my face book page) turned out to have a rare immune system issue and has now got a difficult bone marrow trans-plant. They basically killed off his immune system and put in a (hopefully) compatible replacement. It will be a while until that works out.
    But on the good side, there are now three working adults, and incomes are rising if a bit slowly. And the one extra kid we picked up will be moving out soon. His story is that his parents went to jail for meth production(but he's a good kid) and he was too old for foster care. He's working now too so I guess 4 adults are working and improving. While we remain a mess, there does seem to be light out there...( at the far range of our radar).

Maurtis and KD like this.
  10. KD

KD Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    18,706 - 5 speed manual, rear wing just because it will look fast (Ha Ha), carpet, window tint, back windows that can pop out (think old school VW), upgrade stereo
    Wow, you have a lot going on right there!

May God bless you and yours, and I truly do mean that!

AriLea and RUCRAYZE like this.