• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just another day at work...

dhlsolo.jpg

leona_solo_bday1.jpg

doubletree_solos3.jpg

burnaby_solo2.jpg

harbor_air_solo2.jpg

easypark_ca_solo.jpg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really that much business sales so far. But. Solo will have to hit some break-over thresholds for the following to materialize.

IMHO, could be (assuming Elio is not in production) if Solo production hits this -some-(not same, ooops) expected volume and price point, they can stay in business indefinitely on business sales alone. For just business(and gov), I would guess at $15k c.d. there is interest world wide for at least 10k units (3k in Canada) the first year and maybe 5k units/year (1k in Canada) forever afterward. Gov is one spot where Elio and the Solo compete 75%. Business maybe about 50% overlap. Well, until there are other competing products(if).

I would put a minimum for $15k private Solo sales at around 20k units world wide, based on the SmartCar US peak sales (10k units in the USA) who's price ranged between $24-$32k USD per unit at that time. A Solo success will encourage competition for both the Elio and the Solo. It may also encourage Elio investors just a bit. Now that the smart-car clone category(by spec) has matured Smart-USA can not muster that price or volume.

A $7500 Elio can definitely compete well against a $15k Solo or Solo-Clone. Only a $9000(or less) Elio-clone(all specs) from an established maker (Toy-VW-Nissan-GM-etc) can compete head-to-head with Elio, IF they market before Elio has established a sales cycle.

Again- IMHO, after Elio production starts, direct competition needs to beat $8500. I think that price point scares them all a lot.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chinese-Car-Brand-Logo1.jpg

I'd guess that any of these top manufacturers could produce a "&" with all the same specs for 8k (U.S, with of course the trade war issues resolved)
I'm sure to India has the talent to do a project such as this.

Top Bottom