• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. The other reservationist lived in Canada and was one of the earliest adopters with his Sig Series SOLO #13 reservation. He was excited to take delivery of Red well over a year ago. So much for Kroll’s personal value of reservation numbers and regards for reservationists.
EMV did deliver a Solo to someone in Los Angeles quite a few months ago, but I believe that was a silver beta.
I can't say for sure, but I think the recipient of that one might have been a substantial investor.
For all I know it might have been one of the new L.A. store owners.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EMV did deliver a Solo to someone in Los Angeles quite a few months ago, but I believe that was a silver beta.
I can't say for sure, but I think the recipient of that one might have been a substantial investor.
For all I know it might have been one of the new L.A. store owners.
I'm #556 so good luck to me getting one EARLY next year! :( I'm buying no matter what although I'm not too clear how SOLO battery's longevity will be using air cooling/fan??? compared to liquid cooled like the Chevy BOLT. I fly model airplanes using Li Ion batteries and it's not recommended to charge it right away after it's just been used and hot or it will damage the battery! Any thoughts on this?

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm #556 so good luck to me getting one EARLY next year! :( I'm buying no matter what although I'm not too clear how SOLO battery's longevity will be using air cooling/fan??? compared to liquid cooled like the Chevy BOLT. I fly model airplanes using Li Ion batteries and it's not recommended to charge it right away after it's just been used and hot or it will damage the battery! Any thoughts on this?

There are a few variables, but the fact is that liquid cooling will always be superior. The load on the batteries may be such that it doesn't get too hot (much lighter than the Bolt, LEAF, etc..) and also if the SOLO isn't charging at high current.

The LEAF had greater degradation problems in warmer climates than cooler, and our 2016 hasn't seen much degradation over the nearly 3 years we've had it. Also, depends on the chemistry of the battery, some have more heat resistance than others, which is one of the reasons the LEAF switched to a different chemistry.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No worries. Happens all the time. Work computer is fussy about a lot of things. I just figured it was yet another thing I couldn't view from here.
Anyhow, that new video says the price of the SOLO is now 16K and can go up to 88mph. The Store is not officially open yet but they're already collecting sign ups for test drives. I'm starting to get worried about the price!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyhow, that new video says the price of the SOLO is now 16K and can go up to 88mph. The Store is not officially open yet but they're already collecting sign ups for test drives. I'm starting to get worried about the price!
Yeah. That's starting to get up there quite a bit. There are a lot more options at the $16k range of vehicles.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Arcimoto $11,900 Base has apparently dropped to $11,800! :) During my recent AMP tour, Eric stated that M. Frohnmayer is focused on lower cost and scaled production may lower that base price down the road.

Obviously, that’s pending proven market demand, which will be confirmed soon when the current 3000 reservation deliver in 2019. I anticipate a spike in orders to follow when the masses see the FUV on the streets base on the reaction of pedestrians and other drivers I witnessed during my test drive experience. I’m guessing people may react the same when seeing the SOLO cruise by for the first time. Go three wheels!

Top Bottom