• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question is WHEN ?????
The Solo is real NOW !
Watch out wizard of ahs, can't be NEGATIVE about the ELIO or you'll get in trouble like I did! Anyhow, it's nice knowing ya'll. I had fun with this site for years so I can't complain about that but being dictated to say only POSITIVE things does not sit well with me so if the almighty moderators read this- go ahead and delete this post and my account! Good luck with your ELIO journey and I wish you all the best of receiving your very own unit sooner than later!
Best,
3wheelin

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Watch out wizard of ahs, can't be NEGATIVE about the ELIO or you'll get in trouble like I did! Anyhow, it's nice knowing ya'll. I had fun with this site for years so I can't complain about that but being dictated to say only POSITIVE things does not sit well with me so if the almighty moderators read this- go ahead and delete this post and my account! Good luck with your ELIO journey and I wish you all the best of receiving your very own unit sooner than later!
Best,
3wheelin
Hey 3wheelin, You have been one of the most dedicated Elio reservationist/fans over the years. What happens if the mods run out of hope? Speaking of hope, hopefully, I’ll see you on Arcimoto’s and or EMV’s Facebook Page. Eager to hear about your SOLO & Arcimoto test drive experiences. Fun to have some 3wheelin options while we wait.

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey 3wheelin, You have been one of the most dedicated Elio reservationist/fans over the years. What happens if the mods run out of hope? Speaking of hope, hopefully, I’ll see you on Arcimoto’s and or EMV’s Facebook Page. Eager to hear about your SOLO & Arcimoto test drive experiences. Fun to have some 3wheelin options while we wait.
Do not forget about the Sondors three wheel... seems to have more life than Elio...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do not forget about the Sondors three wheel... seems to have more life than Elio...
It’s been so long since any indication of tangible progress on the Sondor’s front, I had forgotten about it. :) The side-by-side seating makes the SONDOR’s wedge shaped and too wide to meet my needs. The SOLO and FUV are the best bets in my book for scaled production. The test drive experience, factory tour, and 2 seats locked in my personal choice.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s been so long since any indication of tangible progress on the Sondor’s front, I had forgotten about it. :)
Screenshot_20181128-161056.png

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey 3wheelin, You have been one of the most dedicated Elio reservationist/fans over the years. Speaking of hope, hopefully, I’ll see you on Arcimoto’s and or EMV’s Facebook Page. Eager to hear about your SOLO & Arcimoto test drive experiences. Fun to have some 3wheelin options while we wait.
The Sondors does seem to be a better vehicle design for a car replacement. It can hold three, is enclosed,and has AC and ABS. I also like the Arcimoto, as more of a motorcycle replacement. Glad we are going to have many choices.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Sondors does seem to be a better vehicle design for a car replacement. It can hold three, is enclosed,and has AC and ABS. I also like the Arcimoto, as more of a motorcycle replacement. Glad we are going to have many choices.
I have to agree with that acentre, but Sondors is projecting a $16,000 price tag for the 200mi version.
The 75mi version is projected to be $10k and the 150mi version is projected to be $13k.
That's getting pricey enough to consider a four-wheeled electric instead.
I can't imagine why anyone would buy the 75mi version.
Many of the 4-wheelers are tried and true.

Just throw a Briggs & Stratton engine in an Elio and send it to me already!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with that acentre, but Sondors is projecting a $16,000 price tag for the 200mi version.
The 75mi version is projected to be $10k and the 150mi version is projected to be $13k.
That's getting pricey enough to consider a four-wheeled electric instead.
I can't imagine why anyone would buy the 75mi version.
Many of the 4-wheelers are tried and true.

True, the 75 mile version seems like it would just be so they can quote a low starting price but seems like it would not sell much at all. The 150 and 200 seem much more reasonable, I have my eye on a 200 version if they do come out and Elio is still in funding mode.

Regarding other electrics, even with the more expensive 200 mile version the four wheel competitors are 2X the price or more. So a $300/month payment vs $600/month is a big deal for people on a budget. Yes, you can buy used for less but then we are comparing a new vehicle with a warranty to a used vehicle likely out of warranty.

Now, this is assuming they are decent quality, mileage numbers are not wildly off, and they can keep the price around the projected targets. If they end up in the low-mid 20s then it will be a much harder sell vs the Leaf, Bolt, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom