1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by RUCRAYZE, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    It'd make more sense to buy an $8,000 used Nissan Leaf... even if it doesn't have a warranty. You could then save the other $8,000 to use for potential mechanical issues. And, as a bonus, you'd get a vehicle from a producer that knows what they are doing and will most likely still be in business in a couple of years. At $7,000, an Elio makes sense but not at $14,000. Same with Sondors' vehicle.

ehwatt likes this.
  2. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

That is likely a true comparison of the SONDORs because it will drive like any other small platform EV. Not so much true with the Arcimoto because of the FUV’s FUN factor. Perhaps the SOLO is FUN factored as well, but I haven’t test driven it to verify. After my FUV test driving experience, it was so much fun to drive, I’d buy the open framed base model and ride it seasonally as a safer traditional Motorcycle, but will opt for hardshell enclosure for year around commutes. My requirement for a three wheel supplement to my primary vehicle is affordability, FUN, utility, and be able to get in and out of it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    RUCRAYZE and KD like this.
  3. RUCRAYZE

RUCRAYZE Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    7013, $100.00 all-in, $100.00 Want-in, (Long after I'm gone I'll let the kids fight it out
    To me, the E is beginning to look old as they/we are being overtaken by newer technology, style, and buy-able. There will be, I am sure by 2020, many brands on the road attracting buyers and satisfied customers. Of course, should I /could I ever get back on 2 wheels it would NEVER be on an electric hog.