• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the path elio should have taken! Will we ever get our money back?
EM’s (Elio Marketing) path was Marketing and EMV’s (Electra Meccanica Vehicles) path was Motor Vehicles. Both highly successful ventures.

Paul Elio and his select team of marketers did an amazing job of selling reservations and fund raising.
Jerry Kroll and his select team of designers and engineers did an amazing job of R&D in transforming Mike Corbin’s Sparrow into the sleek new SOLO! Mike Corbin deserves a little credit in EMV’s R&D process. Too bad the SOLO isn’t made in Canada

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cover-Image.jpg
Ugh. That line won't scale very much. There looks to be SOOOO much labor involved in just blanket management not to mention the imprecise manual attachment of items... even the windshield. This just doesn't look good at all. Why didn't they at least hire at least one industrial engineer to help get the process down a little better/faster?

I mean, it's great that they are manufacturing now and perhaps they'll develop a better process as they go. As it sits, given a 9 month head start, and Elio starting out at the Shreveport plant in the 10th month, I'd put money up that Elio would have more vehicles assembled by the end of the year.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM’s (Elio Marketing) path was Marketing and EMV’s (Electra Meccanica Vehicles) path was Motor Vehicles. Both highly successful ventures.

Paul Elio and his select team of marketers did an amazing job of selling reservations and fund raising.
Jerry Kroll and his select team of designers and engineers did an amazing job of transforming Mike Corbin’s Sparrow into the sleek new SOLO! Mike Corbin deserves a little credit in EMV’s R&D process. Too bad the SOLO isn’t made in Canada
Not made in Canada because everyone wants inexpensive....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ugh. That line won't scale very much. There looks to be SOOOO much labor involved in just blanket management not to mention the imprecise manual attachment of items... even the windshield. This just doesn't look good at all. Why didn't they at least hire at least one industrial engineer to help get the process down a little better/faster?

I mean, it's great that they are manufacturing now and perhaps they'll develop a better process as they go. As it sits, given a 9 month head start, and Elio starting out at the Shreveport plant in the 10th month, I'd put money up that Elio would have more vehicles assembled by the end of the year.
You are being critical of Zongshen’s manufacturing process and ability to efficiently manufacture a quality built motorcycle, a company that claims to produce over a 1,000,000 motorcycles annually to include Harley Davidson and Piaggio? I can only imagine the number of industrial engineers are among their 18,000 employees. i think they will efficiently manufacture SOLOs to EMV’s spec and quality standards to meet demand for their three wheeler and help boost China’s job market and economy.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that they're only planning on producing ~5k in 2019 and scaling up from there.
It's rumored that they want to get cash flow positive with a proven market before attempting to expand into huge numbers.

Instead of sitting around on their hands complaining that they need hundreds of millions for a mega line or bust.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are being critical of Zongshen’s manufacturing process and ability to efficiently manufacture a quality built motorcycle, a company that claims to produce over a 1,000,000 motorcycles annually to include Harley Davidson and Piaggio? I can only imagine the number of industrial engineers are among their 18,000 employees. i think they will efficiently manufacture SOLOs to EMV’s spec and quality standards to meet demand for their three wheeler and help boost China’s job market and economy.
No, I was weeping for the horribly laid out manufacturing line for the Solo... Blanketed parts laying on the floor... hand carrying a windshield to install on a vehicle... not good at all.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I was weeping for the horribly laid out manufacturing line for the Solo... Blanketed parts laying on the floor... hand carrying a windshield to install on a vehicle... not good at all.
I suspect Zongshen is ready to scale when worldwide market demand for a single passenger enclosed motorcycle is confirmed. No sense tooling for 250,000 units per year if the market demand is 5000< and there is a parts and servicing network in place to support those future sales.

Top Bottom