• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They don't unwrap them for the customer?? What a rip.
And the ones in that video did not have the center light, I went back and watched it.
Yeah they do.

The three-light center fixture is molded into the hood on every Solo facing the video camera.
Goes to show how unobtrusive they were able to make the fixture. Blends in well.

Last edited:

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They don't unwrap them for the customer?? What a rip.
And the ones in that video did not have the center light, I went back and watched it.
We must be seeing a different video. The video I see definitely has the center lights. And I'm sure they will unwrap them for the customer. After all, these are just coming out of the shipping container.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good news, maybe. I did hear from Solo and they are pursuing the EV credit. My trust of the government tells me that it will never happen, but at least they can ask.

I don't need a third car but if they can somehow get our dysfunctional government to actually do something nice I'll certainly sign up. I don't want a Kandi at any price

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good news, maybe. I did hear from Solo and they are pursuing the EV credit. My trust of the government tells me that it will never happen, but at least they can ask.

I don't need a third car but if they can somehow get our dysfunctional government to actually do something nice I'll certainly sign up. I don't want a Kandi at any price
The current administration is not going to renew the electric motorcycle Federal tax credit and is likely working to end the tax credit on all EVs. Some of the more environmentally conscious States have recently implemented new EV tax credit programs to cover ‘all’ electric vehicles. It seems you could put some trust in that.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are looking for a tax credit while waiting for your EV, then put all new windows in your house (certain ones that are more energy efficient), a new water heater, HVAC unit and insulation. I never hear anyone complain or willing to stop those tax credits.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The answer to the tax credit isn't renewal of a motorcycle credit. Instead look at the legal parts where it says the current credit is for "vehicles" not car. Yes the brief synopsis says car but that could be interpreted to exclude SUVs and trucks. I don't think Solo will see much success for political reasons. If they were in a closed GM plant and not a Canadian company manufacturing in China then I could easily see it happening. I think we've exhausted that discussion though.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The answer to the tax credit isn't renewal of a motorcycle credit. Instead look at the legal parts where it says the current credit is for "vehicles" not car. Yes the brief synopsis says car but that could be interpreted to exclude SUVs and trucks. I don't think Solo will see much success for political reasons. If they were in a closed GM plant and not a Canadian company manufacturing in China then I could easily see it happening. I think we've exhausted that discussion though.
The SOLO has potential to be a wildly popular personal commuter. We should know very soon as shipments of SOLOs arrive and start to deliver.

Arcimoto and EMV are at the starting line to prove public acceptance. I hope both are well received. It would be good news for Elio Marketing if the USA is proven market ready for three wheeler commuters.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SOLO has potential to be a wildly popular personal commuter. We should know very soon as shipments of SOLOs arrive and start to deliver.

Arcimoto and EMV are at the starting line to prove public acceptance. I hope both are well received. It would be good news for Elio Marketing if the USA is proven market ready for three wheeler commuters.
All depends on what the company has forecast for numbers. It'll be X units for 2019 and then X for 2020. If they meet that number, then they are successful. If they have X plus 50% X in future reservations, then it's wildly popular.

With FUV and Solo, I don't see either getting any useful information until 2021. Then at that, both companies will be in limited markets. Then 2022 could be where you can do a survey to see what people think of three wheelers as everyday transportation. Only downfall is, the FUV does not meet that criteria, so only the Solo will have good numbers that Elio can use. On the other hand, then you need to find out how many would have bought a Solo that had ICE.

As for Solo, when they show a ship that has 500 of them on it and all being unloaded, then we will know they are getting somewhere. Shipping 4 in a container is an impractical and expensive way to ship a car.

We will have to wait a while as opposed to jumping the gun and forecasting big numbers.

Top Bottom