• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All depends on what the company has forecast for numbers. It'll be X units for 2019 and then X for 2020. If they meet that number, then they are successful. If they have X plus 50% X in future reservations, then it's wildly popular.

With FUV and Solo, I don't see either getting any useful information until 2021. Then at that, both companies will be in limited markets. Then 2022 could be where you can do a survey to see what people think of three wheelers as everyday transportation. Only downfall is, the FUV does not meet that criteria, so only the Solo will have good numbers that Elio can use. On the other hand, then you need to find out how many would have bought a Solo that had ICE.

As for Solo, when they show a ship that has 500 of them on it and all being unloaded, then we will know they are getting somewhere. Shipping 4 in a container is an impractical and expensive way to ship a car.

We will have to wait a while as opposed to jumping the gun and forecasting big numbers.
I’m not predicting BIG SOLO or FUV numbers. Wildly popular to me is sales numbers generated to be profitable in the short term and grow or sustain those numbers over time. The hoot, holler, and thumbs up reactions I got when test driving the FUV was my indicator of future wildly popular. If Arcimoto and EMV are still in business in 2021-22 and Elio has started production, that’s all the useful information I need regarding market acceptance. I will have logged thousands of smiles on my Arcimoto by then.

Elio could be fully funded today, and not to the production start line until 2021-22. Elio’s marketed low MSRP and low profit margin per vehicle demands immediate high volume production and sustained sales that Arcimoto and EMV’s start slow and grow business model doesn’t need to be successful.

If China is maxed out at what appears to be an inefficient 4 SOLOs per shipping container; EMV’s shipping, handling, dealer prep, and delivery fees will create window sticker shock.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m not predicting BIG SOLO or FUV numbers. Wildly popular to me is sales numbers generated to be profitable in the short term and grow or sustain those numbers over time. The hoot, holler, and thumbs up reactions I got when test driving the FUV was my indicator of future wildly popular. If Arcimoto and EMV are still in business in 2021-22 and Elio has started production, that’s all the useful information I need regarding market acceptance. I will have logged thousands of smiles on my Arcimoto by then.

Elio could be fully funded today, and not to the production start line until 2021-22. Elio’s marketed low MSRP and low profit margin per vehicle demands immediate high volume production and sustained sales that Arcimoto and EMV’s start slow and grow business model doesn’t need to be successful.

If China is maxed out at what appears to be an inefficient 4 SOLOs per shipping container; EMV’s shipping, handling, dealer prep, and delivery fees will create window sticker shock.
It all depends on what the forecast is and if they can meet it. If they can, it's a success. What SOLO is doing right now is just trying to get them delivered. It's no different when we celebrated that FUV delivered really expensive units to 10 people and one was some hollywood actor. Yes it was customer deliverables but not what is practical in the real scheme of things. When FUV can't deliver me a product until mid 2020 on demand, then I know that it'll be until 2022 before we can all get a good idea of how much of a success it is. Filling reservations is one thing, but FUV on demand, is another. The reservation holders will be over the top about the produce and think everyone needs one. You can;t mistake excitement of that group to what the real world wants. SOLO is no different.

The metrics of determining of people accept three wheelers is already out there with an ICE version. So we don't need FUV or SOLO to prove that. Polaris already did the work.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on what the forecast is and if they can meet it. If they can, it's a success. What SOLO is doing right now is just trying to get them delivered. It's no different when we celebrated that FUV delivered really expensive units to 10 people and one was some hollywood actor. Yes it was customer deliverables but not what is practical in the real scheme of things. When FUV can't deliver me a product until mid 2020 on demand, then I know that it'll be until 2022 before we can all get a good idea of how much of a success it is. Filling reservations is one thing, but FUV on demand, is another. The reservation holders will be over the top about the produce and think everyone needs one. You can;t mistake excitement of that group to what the real world wants. SOLO is no different.

The metrics of determining of people accept three wheelers is already out there with an ICE version. So we don't need FUV or SOLO to prove that. Polaris already did the work.
SOLO has already delivered 40+ vehicles in the process of getting to retail production. The 25 Sig Series and Beta FUVs compare to what was going to be EM’s 25 Elio prototypes for testing, validation,and certification required for the retail production model. Those vehicles are being used for test drives, marketing events, and logging on daily use miles that determined changes needed in the R&D process. I appreciate the early adopters paying top dollar and willing to road test the pre-production vehicles. Elio Marketing will follow the same process, 25 prototypes for testing, validation process, certified production model Elio, 100 early adopter Elio’s leading up to scaled production

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are looking for a tax credit while waiting for your EV, then put all new windows in your house (certain ones that are more energy efficient), a new water heater, HVAC unit and insulation. I never hear anyone complain or willing to stop those tax credits.
Very good suggestion RSchneider. Only way to get at least the full amount of tax credit otherwise
All depends on what the company has forecast for numbers. It'll be X units for 2019 and then X for 2020. If they meet that number, then they are successful. If they have X plus 50% X in future reservations, then it's wildly popular.

With FUV and Solo, I don't see either getting any useful information until 2021. Then at that, both companies will be in limited markets. Then 2022 could be where you can do a survey to see what people think of three wheelers as everyday transportation. Only downfall is, the FUV does not meet that criteria, so only the Solo will have good numbers that Elio can use. On the other hand, then you need to find out how many would have bought a Solo that had ICE.

As for Solo, when they show a ship that has 500 of them on it and all being unloaded, then we will know they are getting somewhere. Shipping 4 in a container is an impractical and expensive way to ship a car.

We will have to wait a while as opposed to jumping the gun and forecasting big numbers.

All I need to know is if at least 1 of these very first shipment of 4 production SOLO from China will be a "test drive" vehicle and maybe, just maybe the other 3 is for display at their LA store. Then again, I'm just guessing otherwise why have we not heard from these lucky new owners??? They should've posted their first impressions somewhere, right? Or Car & Driver is testing one already as we speak and whatever results will be a 3 page feature with real world testing, pictures and all in their next issue...now that's the scenario I like! :whoo:

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes!
88A9224F-C89B-4927-921B-7D31A7CA98FF.gif

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Rickb, I just got an e-mail from ARCIMOTO inviting me to complete my reservation of the FUV by putting a down payment but unfortunately it's for the Evergreen Edition that costs 20K! Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to purchase their 11.5K entry level 3wheeler! I mean you had it "fun tested" already and I have not heard from EMV for my SOLO let alone test drive their production unit....and they better be able to actually sell it for 15.5K or there's gonna be chaos in their hands! :faint:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Rickb, I just got an e-mail from ARCIMOTO inviting me to complete my reservation of the FUV by putting a down payment but unfortunately it's for the Evergreen Edition that costs 20K! Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to purchase their 11.5K entry level 3wheeler! I mean you had it "fun tested" already and I have not heard from EMV for my SOLO let alone test drive their production unit....and they better be able to actually sell it for 15.5K or there's gonna be chaos in their hands! :faint:
Hey 3wheelin, I’m curious to know the date you reserved the FUV and your reservation number, if at all possible. Yep, I’d order it in a heartbeat if it was the base model plus options of choice to bring it in at around $15K!

It will be interesting to see what the SOLO’s final MSRP will be including shipping and dealer prep charges. Hopefully, not as disappointing as the retail roll out $ FUV. The good news is it’s rolling. :)

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey 3wheelin, I’m curious to know the date you reserved the FUV and your reservation number, if at all possible. Yep, I’d order it in a heartbeat if it was the base model plus options of choice to bring it in at around $15K!

It will be interesting to see what the SOLO’s final MSRP will be including shipping and dealer prep charges. Hopefully, not as disappointing as the retail roll out $ FUV. The good news is it’s rolling. :)
I have to dig up that number but anyhow, it also says if I'm not ready, they can hold my spot in line. But I know it's a test run, EMV wanted to know if there'll be enough interest on their higher priced FUV and if they sell enough, then they can move on with it's cheaper version.

Top Bottom