• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
solotree.jpg

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now people who do this, still get the discount if/when the Elio comes out?
Yes. One actually has nothing to do with the other, other than Electra Meccanica providing the discount/reservation for those individuals who can demonstrate that they have placed a deposit on another vehicle.

My thoughts are that Electra Meccanica realizes there is a large group of people who are interested enough in a 3-wheel economical vehicle to have already placed money down. While this group has proven interest by placing money on a concept, they may not be inclined to do so again; however, as proven followers of said vehicles, they are probably more likely to follow through with an actual purchase when someone can bring an acceptable product to market. Win-Win.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Impressive in this short time that they have something on the road that actually looks somewhat decent. Take note, Elio.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Impressive in this short time that they have something on the road that actually looks somewhat decent. Take note, Elio.
I agree, it looks nice, but no air bags, is there a roll cage? A/C? Cruise Control? Music? and a number of other features.
It's a single seat basic vehicle, I want more than that is I'm spending that much money. And after reading about it over all this time, it does not suit my needs. So it may look nice, but not for me.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, it looks nice, but no air bags, is there a roll cage? A/C? Cruise Control? Music? and a number of other features.
It's a single seat basic vehicle, I want more than that is I'm spending that much money. And after reading about it over all this time, it does not suit my needs. So it may look nice, but not for me.

No air bags, no idea about a roll cage but I would say likely not. A/C is a $1,000 option, BT stereo is standard, not seeing any mention of cruise control... I have not really read any great detail on the Solo, but are people screaming "death trap!" like they do with the Elio? People on Facebook seem to insist the Elio will be rolling suicide machine, but it seems far from the case. So I would think they would roast the Solo.

This blogger was not impressed with it in person, saying it felt like a garage built kit car inside? http://drwattsonev.blogspot.com/2016/12/2017-electra-meccanica-solo-first.html

His review might be a bit harsh, but he does some good points Seems like picking up a 2-3 year old Leaf for the same price would get you much more utility with only minimal extra cost in electricity.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And on that note... I have placed my Elio deposit on a SOLO... So now that's an Elio, Model 3, Arcimoto, and SOLO I'm in line for. :rolleyes:
I think the Model 3 will completely destroy anything else on your list in any measurable sense. Other then perhaps the coolness factor. The Elio really is a different, cool looking car.

Top Bottom