• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The posts you quoted are over a year old and EMV now has two Solos putting on road miles every day.
They have an additional one at a company that is doing U.S. compliance certification testing.
They have in excess of 400 PRIVATE reservations and 35,000 commercial requests.
And they have a fourth Solo that is in the process of becoming a race care.
And there are plans for mass production with overseas partners.

RU's quote about "15 years" in the making was totally incorrect. It's NOW been three.
And they did all this by spending only 3 Million dollars as opposed to 123 Million.

So I'm pretty suspect of what research you've done...
And I'm very puzzled as to what your actual point is here.
I didn't understand the point of the post either.

However, RU's quote was simply quoting Jerry Kroll from the early on 12/3/15 Blog News article. My guess is that Jerry based the 15 years in the making to include Mike Corbin's years of design, engineering, compliance testing that went into the production of some 300 Corbin Motor's Sparrows from which the Solo was born. ElectraM built a few Sparrows used as prototypes for the all new redesigned and engineered Solo.

There is well over 12,000 canadian road tested miles on the Silver Electra Meccanica built Sparrow..........Solo prototype. Still amazing redesign, engineering, production builds for systems testing, and compliance testing progress in the couple years after buying out the bankrupt Myer Motors Sparrow rights on the $3 Million of investment compared to $123 Million with currently no proof of concept prototype.

IMG_6874.JPG

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
However, RU's quote was simply quoting Jerry Kroll from the early on 12/3/15 Blog News article.
Fair enough. But I wanted to be sure to clarify the point that you also made here.
EMV's total time of involvement on the Solo (Not the Sparrow) has been a total of three years.
Though the Sparrow was used as a "study", if you will, for the Solo, the Solo is a completely different vehicle.

J. Kroll's, RU's and Scotty's statments are very misleading when presented, and taken, out of context and at face value.

Also, to be clear, the signature alpha series was expanded from 120 vehicles to 1000.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough. But I wanted to be sure to clarify the point that also you made here.
EMV's total time of involvement on the Solo (Not the Sparrow) has been a total of three years.
Though the Sparrow was used as a "study", if you will, for the Solo, the Solo is a completely different vehicle.

J. Kroll's, RU's and Scotty's statments are very misleading when presented, and taken, out of context and at face value.

Also, to be clear, the signature alpha series was expanded from 120 vehicles to 1000.
Important you clarified, because it was misleading indeed. I agree amazing Solo development progress in a short time frame and with the available funding.

If they hadn't expanded the Signature Series I'd be all out because even though I liked the Solo concept I was skeptical back in 12/3/15 that any kind of progress would be made. Kroll surprised the hell out of me so I made a reservation later on.

IMG_6058.JPG

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did receive a credit from EM for my Elio deposit.
Looking forward to further Solo developments in the future.
Been waiting for my Elio....

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So that means that they will be getting the ELIO deposit from ELIO or are you getting a 1K deduction on the SOLO?
It will be interesting to see the final tally sheet.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did receive a credit from EM for my Elio deposit.
Looking forward to further Solo developments in the future.
Been waiting for my Elio....
Congratulations on your Solo reservation with the $1000 discount. I see you joined this forum a couple of months before I did, so it appears you have been waiting for your Elio a little longer than I as well? May I ask what is your Elio spot in line number?

I also took advantage of the Electra Meccanica offer. My Solo reservation has an approximate delivery date of 1st quarter 2018. I will hopefully be facing a decision of which 3-wheel vehicle to purchase...or I may end up with both...if Elio Motors finds a successful path to funding.

Good luck to all of us!

Last edited:
Top Bottom