• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Though he's not very widely known yet, I respect Dustin's opinions.

As with almost anything, if you put any effort into it...
You can usually find opinions that suit your particular viewpoint.
Ironically, this video has the similar title of, "Solo 1 First Impression".

The real opinion that matters is always the individual potential customer's after a test drive.

Last edited:

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Model 3 will completely destroy anything else on your list in any measurable sense. Other then perhaps the coolness factor. The Elio really is a different, cool looking car.

I have ridden in a friends Model S. They are nice cars. I was just expecting to have my Elio before the Model 3 was ready. Now it's anyone's guess as to who makes it to market first.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Though he's not very widely known yet, I respect Dustin's opinions.

As with almost anything, if you put any effort into it...
You can usually find opinions that suit your particular viewpoint.
Ironically, this video has the similar title of, "Solo 1 First Impression".

The real opinion that matters is always the individual potential customer's after a test drive.
could you repose video. I cannot replay it.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. One actually has nothing to do with the other, other than Electra Meccanica providing the discount/reservation for those individuals who can demonstrate that they have placed a deposit on another vehicle.

My thoughts are that Electra Meccanica realizes there is a large group of people who are interested enough in a 3-wheel economical vehicle to have already placed money down. While this group has proven interest by placing money on a concept, they may not be inclined to do so again; however, as proven followers of said vehicles, they are probably more likely to follow through with an actual purchase when someone can bring an acceptable product to market. Win-Win.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...autocycles-break-out-this-year-were-skeptical

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The response to my deposit:

Dear Ken,
We have received your vehicle deposit receipt and we will credit $1,000 toward the final purchase price of a new 2017 Electra Meccanica SOLO. We’ve selected your vehicle in Titanium Silver, however you may change to any of our other colours and options prior to delivery if you wish. Our production schedule shows delivery for approximately Q1, 2018.
I don't want a new 2017 in 2018, I want a new 2018! :p

MagicDragon

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The response to my deposit:

Dear Ken,
We have received your vehicle deposit receipt and we will credit $1,000 toward the final purchase price of a new 2017 Electra Meccanica SOLO. We’ve selected your vehicle in Titanium Silver, however you may change to any of our other colours and options prior to delivery if you wish. Our production schedule shows delivery for approximately Q1, 2018.
I received the same information when I applied my Elio Motors reservation to a Solo. I don't mind getting a 2017 Solo in 2018. At least I have a promise of a delivery. That's a lot more than I ever received from Elio Motors. I feel a little bad about giving up on Elio, But I see little hope for them ever making it into production in 2018.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They'll supply the new vehicle, you name it however you want. :becky:
I've got a Mustang that was produced and registered after the line "changed over" in late '03.
So I've got an '04 registered as an '03.

Top Bottom