• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why can't they offer sour apple ? Maybe call it electric green ?

Thanks for posting that video. I thought it looked fine in pictures but finally seeing it in motion I find that I really do not like the look of the Solo. The rear kills it for me. I really like the sloping fastback look to the Elio.

I do love that they are in production, though. Go EM! The more 3 wheel options the better!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solo looks like a frostbit big toe...A little half baked in my opinion... Shouldn't have rushed it to production... Tortoise versus the hare scenario...May the best EM win...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've read a bit on the Leaf owners board about ways people have increased mileage: some of the front vents can be blocked without adversely impacting cooling, mudflaps moved from behind the front wheels to in-front of the front wheels, keeping the tires inflated to the very maximum, etc. Typical hypermiling, really. At highway speeds, the aero matters more than the weight.

However, I also read about a guy who upgraded his Leaf by adding 10kw of additional inverters, for a total of 13.3kw. The result is that he can add 50 miles of range in just half an hour, using a standard 250v RV/Dryer socket. I think a full battery takes 45 minutes.
http://www.upgrademyleaf.com/examples-of-nissan-leaf-charger-upgrade/
I'll add to my list. thanks Seth.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Rickb. I should've done it sooner like you guys did with the honor's program.
The Honor's Program was/is the best way to make the reservation............zero out of pocket, zero risk, and insures your Elio Deposit. Obviously, the Solo has to meet your needs in order to take advantage of that generous EMV offer.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solo looks like a frostbit big toe...A little half baked in my opinion... Shouldn't have rushed it to production... Tortoise versus the hare scenario...May the best EM win...
Your referenced Big Toe Design is credited to Super Car Designer Rod Trenne. Drive what you like, like what you drive. I happen to like both the Elio and Rod Trenne's Solo Super Car Mini-Me styling. http://www.dimoramotorcar.com/bio_rodtrenne.html

Two different vehicles, two different market demographics. The only comparison is 3 wheels. It's neither a race or a competition. The more three wheeler options available the greater the chances for market acceptance. If the Solo happens to be first to production and shows signs of success it will be an advantage for Elio Motors to claim that there is a proven market for enclosed three wheelers.

Rushed to production? The redesigned Solo is based on the Corbin Motors Sparrow's R&D and production which dates back to 1996. EMV started their redesign process (Solo) in late 2015 and have accomplished some respectable production milestones given their rather limited $3 Million funding for R&D and the EMV CEO answers email questions personally.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...and with that in mind I just joined you all as future SOLO owner! :cool:
Got my reservation details from C. Koch:
They selected Titanium Silver for mine w/c is perfect or I can change it to black w/c is my 2nd choice.
Order date: March 13, 2017
Order# C - 58
Car# 556
Delivery: Estimated delivery Q1, 2018
Congratulations 3wheelin!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just got word that EMV will be promoting the April 03, 2017 online live conference meeting worldwide.
Jerry Kroll will discuss the Solo and field questions immediately following the Vancouver Auto Show.
The newest solo will be on live video display during the conference meeting. It's now open to all.

9:00pm EDT Monday April 03 2017 at: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/soloowners.net

System requirements and information about joining the online video conference are at:
http://www.soloowners.net/showthread.php?tid=567&pid=2501#pid2501

Yes, go three wheels, and thanks for putting up with us.

--Dale

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've read a bit on the Leaf owners board about ways people have increased mileage: some of the front vents can be blocked without adversely impacting cooling, mudflaps moved from behind the front wheels to in-front of the front wheels, keeping the tires inflated to the very maximum, etc. Typical hypermiling, really. At highway speeds, the aero matters more than the weight.

However, I also read about a guy who upgraded his Leaf by adding 10kw of additional inverters, for a total of 13.3kw. The result is that he can add 50 miles of range in just half an hour, using a standard 250v RV/Dryer socket. I think a full battery takes 45 minutes.
http://www.upgrademyleaf.com/examples-of-nissan-leaf-charger-upgrade/
Am I right that the 2016 model's range is at 87 miles only? 2017 models are now up to 107 mile range so I should wait until 2018, buy then my SOLO should be available and I can buy a used 2017 model Leaf or even a used 2017 BOLT for my wife. Then again, the ELIO might, just might make it to 2018 production so exciting times ahead!:D

Top Bottom