• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that curvy stripe is pretty nice.
Also, I think they could have done something more unique with the grille. Why have a pretend radiator grille? Use that space to do something distinctive. Honestly, I don't see much similarity between the Solo and the Tesla other than the color, and the general shape dictated by the restraints of the functionality/regulations.
I'm thinking like making it a functional automated opening for pair of machine guns or a water squirt gun, take your pick! :D Just kidding.

Hootersnoocher

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just saw something about a paint that is applied in four layers. Each layer is different. First is a florescent layer, followed by an anode layer, next is a isolation layer and finally a cathode layer. When given an electrical charge, this glows. In the program, this was a green glow like a glo-stick.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We've already seen a few videos of the SOLO testing and in slalom runs and it looks really stable because it's shorter. I'm no expert but if pitted against ELIO in sharp turns, Im afraid that ELIO will "tailspin" like a pendulum because it's longer. Of course both are not meant to be driven very aggressively but just sayin'. It's always something that can be added with added weight, not good for electrics. Totally agree with the grill. I'll take care of the paint scheme when I get mine!:D Add more and it'll cost more.
It's not the length that matters, not just like that. More to the point , it's the weight and polar momentum. It only seems that way, if you have a particular CG x feet from the back, having a longer wheelbase, more weight is in the back. If it was CG measured from the front, then longer unloads the back, two opposite results. Where the CG actually is, is the point.

Tires then have two (or three) modes of slippage, too light weighted and they don't adhere, too heavy loaded and they twist or rub, if the tire isn't flat, with a lot less patch and you could have 'sand-paper shear' (my term).
And then we can talk about momentum, which is linear with what you said. All those dynamics come into play together.

The car tilts (esp a trike) in a turn, if the rear also twists, then the loss of tire adhesion could be the primary factor. A lower CG or a sway bar can relieve that to a degree.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not the length that matters, not just like that. More to the point , it's the weight and polar momentum. It only seems that way, if you have a particular CG x feet from the back, having a longer wheelbase, more weight is in the back. If it was CG measured from the front, then longer unloads the back, two opposite results. Where the CG actually is, is the point.

Tires then have two (or three) modes of slippage, too light weighted and they don't adhere, too heavy loaded and they twist or rub, if the tire isn't flat, with a lot less patch and you could have 'sand-paper shear' (my term).
And then we can talk about momentum, which is linear with what you said. All those dynamics come into play together.

The car tilts (esp a trike) in a turn, if the rear also twists, then the loss of tire adhesion could be the primary factor. A lower CG or a sway bar can relieve that to a degree.
I told you I'm no expert didn't I? :D But I like your technical take on it better AriLea. Thanks.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a new compilation video, and the first 3:27 is footage of what appears to be a silver Solo in Asia.
Thanks Telcotech, for sending this to me. Production is imminent. Resistance is futile.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Second store opening...

soloaberdeen_announce.png

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2 stores, 30 minute drive between. I don't get it. Well, it is home base, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Saw the SOLO video compilation earlier today, did not know that beginning bit in Asia is new. I thought they planned to make the SOLO there from the beginning?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2 stores, 30 minute drive between. I don't get it. Well, it is home base, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Saw the SOLO video compilation earlier today, did not know that beginning bit in Asia is new. I thought they planned to make the SOLO there from the beginning?
I read that parts will be manufactured in Asia and assembled in Canada.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read that parts will be manufactured in Asia and assembled in Canada.
That's supposed to be the plan for at least the 1000 signature series Solos.
EMV has a partner in China that is anxious to begin production of entire vehicles in their facility ASAP.
They've also said that they're talking to a number of manufacturers in several other countries.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a new compilation video, and the first 3:27 is footage of what appears to be a silver Solo in Asia.
Thanks Telcotech, for sending this to me. Production is imminent. Resistance is futile.

Can't stop progress! Those guys from asia scrutinizing the SOLO looks really serious, and they don't have time for bullshit because to them, time is money.

Top Bottom