• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like no ABS or Regeneration, or air bags on the SOLO. Look like the Model 3 is the next electric vehicle for all of us.....
I knew the Solo didn't have ABS, regen, or airbags when I made my Solo reservation using my Tesla Model 3 receipt. The Tesla Model 3 isn't affordable for all and still seats 5 for the typical driver's solo daily commute.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I knew the Solo didn't have ABS, regen, or airbags when I made my Solo reservation using my Tesla Model 3 receipt. The Tesla Model 3 isn't affordable for all and still seats 5 for the typical driver's solo daily commute.
Same here Rickb, didn't bother me at all not having those extras- I buy what I want and spend what I can afford. Asking TOO much and expecting to pay TOO little could be TOO good to be true! ;) :D

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's really strange that it doesn't have regen. Regen is a built-in feature for most controllers on the market, so not coming with regen means that they really are using the cheapest components to meet their pricing goal. I don't have a problem with that necessarily, and it shouldn't be too difficult for an owner to upgrade to a controller with on-board regen, but it's still surprising to me.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's really strange that it doesn't have regen. Regen is a built-in feature for most controllers on the market, so not coming with regen means that they really are using the cheapest components to meet their pricing goal. I don't have a problem with that necessarily, and it shouldn't be too difficult for an owner to upgrade to a controller with on-board regen, but it's still surprising to me.
EMV's race car connected development team has a reputation for using high quality state of the art component parts. If regen is a built-in feature for 'most' controllers on the market, EMV must be using a high quality controller without regen. The Solo's MSRP is an affordable price point not a cheap price point.

$15K-$20K was not a stated EMV must have, but rather emphasis placed on quality and performance. I expect regen on my heavy front wheel or AWD EV, but on the light weight Solo single rear wheel drive with the 100 mile range.......... regen has little added value.

Last edited:
Top Bottom