• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Poll Reality Check

How much extra if at all would you pay for different instruments

• Nothing. OK as is.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Up to $300

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Up to $600

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Up to $900

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Up to $1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $1200

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now you did it! You made me look at the dash again...and guess what? The gas gauge 'does not' show which side the gas cover is on!! :eek:
More proof that they NEVER intended on building this thing in the first place!!:rolleyes:

View attachment 5549
Are you referring to the myth about where the pump icon on the dash determines which side the fill is?
It's a myth (at least on my car-) I think it's in the same discussion as- does toilet water flushes go clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere?
Or does big foot only live in Missouri ?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That should be the final post- you nailed it!!
However, Watch and see- the loss of freedom, loss of decision-making, engineering rationale, no vote, can't see it without squinting, too large too small-etc. etc.
I'm amazed the gas cover (which I learned is not a gas cap) has quietly faded. oops, I hope this doesn't wake the endless stream of "engineers" who KNOW which side is correct

Left side. Behind the tail light. Like the '56 Chevy.
Is there any other place. ;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you referring to the myth about where the pump icon on the dash determines which side the fill is?
It's a myth (at least on my car-) I think it's in the same discussion as- does toilet water flushes go clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere?

You made me check! My Suby - nope, but my F-250 and my wife's Jeep both have little triangles/arrows pointing toward the fill side...Myth busted!;) Apparently, it's only Americans that need to be reminded which side the gas cap is on.

As for the Bigfoot myth. He doesn't live in MO, but I work with one of his cousins (you'd agree if you saw Nick)...A boss I had years ago used to use the "Indians" and "Buffalos" analogy when referring to him.:rolleyes: I worked with his dad. Couldn't grow facial hair if you put a gun to his head. He got it all from his mom's side.:eek:

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It is no myth, its regulation. But it's not which side the pump icon is on, its which direction the arrow right next to it is pointing. I am sure the final elgin dash will receive its little arrow.

whichsidethegascapison.jpg

Fuel-Gauge-Arrow-iStock.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You made me check! My Suby - nope, but my F-250 and my wife's Jeep both have little triangles/arrows pointing toward the fill side...Myth busted!;) Apparently, it's only Americans that need to be reminded which side the gas cap is on.

As for the Bigfoot myth. He doesn't live in MO, but I work with one of his cousins (you'd agree if you saw Nick)...A boss I had years ago used to use the "Indians" and "Buffalos" analogy when referring to him.:rolleyes: I worked with his dad. Couldn't grow facial hair if you put a gun to his head. He got it all from his mom's side.:eek:
Just so his dad and mom weren't brother and sister- I'm cool
BTW did dad's webbed fingers help in catching small parts before they hit the tarmac ?

Top Bottom