• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Ad Jingle

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While waiting for the bread to rise, I went through the video and wrote my own criticisms. Just two videos were available, and the music had to match the chosen video. The numbers after the names are the APPROXIMATE start times for that section. If there are no notes about a piece, well, if you can't say anything nice...

Kate Watkin 0:00 Bland. Might have been better without electric piano, etc.
Zac Lijewski 0:34 Fun sound, matched video (My favorite)
Dylan Niver 1:10 nice sound, not too intense, didn't make me fall asleep
McLain Ernhard 1:42
Zac Lijewski 2:15 Again, fun sound. Plucked strings made it sound like fun.
Aaron Seibert 2:47 "Give me some shuga"? Please.
Kate Watkin 3:25 Forgettable. Bland enough not to compete with voice-over
Mike Wall 4:10 Trying to create excitement. Keep trying.
Aaron Seibert 4:47 Enjoyed the gamelan bells, but then got WAY too confusing with other instruments
Lincoln All 5:20
McLain Ernhard 6:00
Aaron Seibert 6:33 Did better with "shuga" this time, keeping with baroque theme.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think process is one of the issues. If you want a jingle, I think how an advertiser goes about it would have worked better.
In this competition they went straight to the composers and set the expectation for a video-multimedia presentation.
An advertiser would have completely been different. They might have first selected snappy words, then asked for music to match. Several sets of those would have been composed and the best set then would have been selected for the image the company wanted at that moment.

Frankly as far as engaging multimedia, all of these pieces are interesting. I just don't think the video was well matched to the 'mood' and 'character' that each piece required to tell a story. And THAT is what is required, to tell an engaging story, of either character or mood, or preferably both.

It is also not effective for every presentation to use exactly the same video images. There should have been teams of composers and media skills in this, with more visual material to choose from. I hope they all got good grades for at least trying.

Top Bottom