• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Ad Jingle

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the advertising world has expanded its definition of "jingle". I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the last time I heard a commercial for a car use an actual "jingle-with-lyrics", and all I can come up with is "Drive your Chevrolet/See the U-S-of-A/America is asking you to try". I did a (quick) search on YouTube and couldn't come up with any. Some used an actual popular song (like this one from VW in Europe) but in everyone else, the music was to set the mood by itself (like this other one from VW) or to act as a backdrop for the voice-over.

(EDIT: And just for giggles, I dug up the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse with the dancing girl in the passenger seat here.)

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned earlier, they wanted the jingle to have on a loop, playing in the background at the LA Car Show.
It needs lyrics so when you leave that booth, your humming Elio for the next 3 days. The music they have is good, but it doesn't say anything to anyone.
It's muzak at this point.

Reactions: Ekh

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the advertising world has expanded its definition of "jingle". I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the last time I heard a commercial for a car use an actual "jingle-with-lyrics", and all I can come up with is "Drive your Chevrolet/See the U-S-of-A/America is asking you to try". I did a (quick) search on YouTube and couldn't come up with any. Some used an actual popular song (like this one from VW in Europe) but in everyone else, the music was to set the mood by itself (like this other one from VW) or to act as a backdrop for the voice-over.

(EDIT: And just for giggles, I dug up the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse with the dancing girl in the passenger seat here.)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here it is:

I applaud your effort Ty. Elio is in a really really great need for some spin music. Doesn't have to be a jingle. It can just be a video about people having a great time and dynamite back up music. Wish we could use some "Empire of the Sun" like "Alive" or "Walking on a Dream".
Just pull the Sail boat out of this video, leave the Girls and add 2 or three Elios getting down the road and ...........camera.......ready..........action!!!!!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard this on the radio the other day, and have been humming it ever since; it's just kind of catchy simple tune.
And like someone else said "replace one or more of the words with Elio"; this is perfect. Replace Unbelievable with "Drivin an Elio" or "Drivin my Elio" or "You're drivin an Elio"
Being it's over 20 years old, should be cheap to get the song.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Actually, the Buick ads have a shouted "hey" every so often. Does that count as a jingle? The music for that piece if very "jingly," just a basic triad repeated more or less endlessly.

Top Bottom