• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Ad Jingle

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I absolutely love both Kate Watkins' finalist entries. Both are SO Elio. I think the first, which is small, perky, fun and lively really speaks to the qualities of the car that most people seem to see in it. I hope that wins. Her second piece is a bit more sophisticated, but also right on target. The other two finalists seemed to be very with it an modern but not to have somehow quite caught the spirit of the whole enterprise and the car in particular.

Go Ms. Watkins, go!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
must say, I apparently totally missed the point ... I thought they were looking for a jingle ... can't say I'm a fan of any of them

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
must say, I apparently totally missed the point ... I thought they were looking for a jingle ... can't say I'm a fan of any of them
Agreed; when do they add lyrics?

Jingle: A jingle is a short song or tune used in advertising and for other commercial uses. The jingle contains one or more hooks and meaning that explicitly promote the product being advertised, usually through the use of one or more advertising slogans. Ad buyers use jingles in radio and television commercials; they can also be used in non-advertising contexts to establish or maintain a brand image. Jingles are a form of sound branding. Many jingles are also created using snippets of popular songs, in which lyrics are modified to appropriately advertise the product or service.

Notice the key word LYRICS; ok, so they have the music, but you need something to identify the product.
As it stands, I have no idea what they're advertising without seeing the video; even then, it could be for something completely different than the Elio.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The blog said that, from the very beginning Elio was looking for music they could play along with the provided videos on a continual loop at the LA Autoshow (and, presumably, other touring events). I believe the word "Jingle" brought the project out of it's original context in our eyes, and so the result didn't meet our expectations.

As the project stands, I think it achieved what it set out to do. But perhaps if we want a jingle contest, maybe we should propose one ourselves?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The blog said that, from the very beginning Elio was looking for music they could play along with the provided videos on a continual loop at the LA Autoshow (and, presumably, other touring events). I believe the word "Jingle" brought the project out of it's original context in our eyes, and so the result didn't meet our expectations.

As the project stands, I think it achieved what it set out to do. But perhaps if we want a jingle contest, maybe we should propose one ourselves?
Go for it :thumb:
I can hear them in my head, and will hum them many times, but I'm no good at coming up with them.

Top Bottom