• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio As A Delivery Vehicle...

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a part time job delivering pizzas for Papa John's. I was wondering what a statement it would make using the Elio to deliver to my customers. I think the back seat/trunk space would easily fit my usual 2 to 3 containers we use for holding up to 4 boxes of pizzas insulated.

I am betting with the trunk/seat down I could use the big 10 pizza container we have as well if needed. I was wondering if the Elio has a 12 volt socket though because thats how you power the sign we have to carry on the top while driving around.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a part time job delivering pizzas for Papa John's. I was wondering what a statement it would make using the Elio to deliver to my customers. I think the back seat/trunk space would easily fit my usual 2 to 3 containers we use for holding up to 4 boxes of pizzas insulated.

I am betting with the trunk/seat down I could use the big 10 pizza container we have as well if needed. I was wondering if the Elio has a 12 volt socket though because thats how you power the sign we have to carry on the top while driving around.
My son is a pizza delivery driver as well. I've been trying to convince him that this is the perfect vehicle for him as the gas money saved goes right into his pocket. He's not convinced, and in fact, used my truck last night to deliver as the weather and the roads around here needed more 'go-ability' than an Elio (or his Mustang) could provide.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My son is a pizza delivery driver as well. I've been trying to convince him that this is the perfect vehicle for him as the gas money saved goes right into his pocket. He's not convinced, and in fact, used my truck last night to deliver as the weather and the roads around here needed more 'go-ability' than an Elio (or his Mustang) could provide.
I once stated that the trunk was so small, not to buy a large pizza, to which I got a quick reply that a large box from (Pizza hut, PapaJohn's?) would be about 3/4" too wide and would require tilting.
Check out the dimensions before planning your intended use- the bag dimensions will only make it more difficult.
The E however is perfect for Subway foot longs!!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
reports a good while back said it will have 12V outlet .... if for some reason that has changed, they are easy to install .... I believe an Elio would make an excellent delivery vehicle for items that will fit in it .... question, how do get the pizza smell out of your car's interior ?

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but minimum wage isn't worth the accident risk of delivering pizza in bad weather.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but minimum wage isn't worth the accident risk of delivering pizza in bad weather.
Certainly not in his Mustang. My truck had no problem. And he brought home what amounted to around $17 per hour with wages and tips. Better than minimum wage, but still probably not worth the risk of an accident, but where do you draw the line?
Leaving the house is a benefit / risk decision.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good question, I drive 2 miles to work on a primary road that has no more than a 1% grade at any point and so I go to work even when the overwhelming majority of my coworkers stay home, $16.95/hr + a 50% bonus for showing up while there is a state of emergency announced in Raleigh. I wouldn't however spend all day driving for the same rate of pay, especially when I would spend much of the time on secondary and tertiary roads like your son. I drive a Grand Prix with non-functional anti-lock brakes & non-functional drivers side airbag, if I drove a safer vehicle with traction control for example then I might for the same wage.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have my Dodge Grand Caravan, my Cadillac Escalade, or my Pontiac Sunfire to choose from while delivering in the snow.

As bad-ass I think it would be to use the Escalade, the Sunfire does fantastic in the snow with the front wheel drive. Plus its a heavier front wheel drive and power steering is nice.

I am not impressed with that electric assist steering that was in the Hyundai Elantra I rented the year before and drove on no notice out to Indiana. I couldn't go more than 45 mph because the steering was so sensitive on the snow and ice. I was getting run over by nearly everything else on the road.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a good question, I drive 2 miles to work on a primary road that has no more than a 1% grade at any point and so I go to work even when the overwhelming majority of my coworkers stay home, $16.95/hr + a 50% bonus for showing up while there is a state of emergency announced in Raleigh. I wouldn't however spend all day driving for the same rate of pay, especially when I would spend much of the time on secondary and tertiary roads like your son. I drive a Grand Prix with non-functional anti-lock brakes & non-functional drivers side airbag, if I drove a safer vehicle with traction control for example then I might for the same wage.
Hummmm 2 flat miles to work? and of course 2 miles back, consider walking?, snowshoeing?, cross country skies?
That's the problem with kids today, Why went I walked to school it was uphill 5 miles, and 5 uphill miles going home!!

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I owned a business with a few fleet/delivery vehicles , you can bet I would be slapping a wrap around a dozen Elios for maximum exposure .
I dare anyone not to stare as this unique little gem passes by .
The only issue with using an Elio to deliver Pizza is the perception that you are delivering Elio frozen Pizza o_O

Top Bottom