• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio As A Delivery Vehicle...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And when you find that your insurance company (many of them) will not cover you if you are delivering pizza's......:eek: :oops:

It's a good idea to read the fine print on your policy.
Email thread:
Hi [provider].
[My son] is driving the Mustang to deliver pizzas in.
He's covered...right?

That's correct - he is covered!!! Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Covered! Phew. Y'all had me worried!

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Email thread:
Hi [provider].
He's covered...right?

Thanks,

Does he have driving license!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Email thread:
Hi [provider].
He's covered...right?

Thanks,

I'm glad you checked and he is covered. My wife worked in the insurance biz for several years and would tell me about the "hot button" topics. The issue started back when "30-minutes or it's free" was big. It seems the time limit was pushing drivers to take some serious risks.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Delivering junk food isn't the only delivery market.

Online grocers will get it right eventually and be happy to have Elios doing the delivery.

Same with lawyers, business people who need actual legal PAPER delivered around town NOW, not overnight.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I once had a great pizza place near my office, but too far in traffic to bring pizza home to the family without delivering it stone-cold. When I got my first '00 RX,The passenger-side seat heater, if pre-warmed and covered with a small throw, made a nice place to stow a pie on the way home. Later my '04 had thermostatic seat heaters that when turned up all the way, could almost leave grill marks on your butt. I'm seriously considering installing aftermarket seat heaters in my Elio's cabin - front seat for soothing my backside after a long day, the back seat for take-out. ;)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..., the Sunfire does fantastic in the snow with the front wheel drive. Plus its a heavier front wheel drive and power steering is nice.

As far as traction is concerned, the Elio should do better than the Sunfire on any slippery surface. This is what Jerome said he'd experienced driving the P4, very sure footed. That's because a higher percentage of the tread is powered than other 2 wheel drive cars. The Elio is very light however, so I can't be sure how well it will plow deeper snow. If it gets that deep, then your 4wd SUV or 4wd truck is the best bet.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It looks like an Xebra three wheel vehicle.
%22Zap%22_Concept_Car.JPG

Corbin Sparrow Domino.
dominospizzasparrow.jpg

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Used for a delivery VEHICLE ????....I am all for the ELIO 100% since I heard about it 6 months ago and have graduated to the "ALL IN" No Refund $250.00 level and intend to increase that amount when workers show up at the plant and production actually starts. With that being said...the main draw back that I found with the Elio is the third "Center of the Road" back tire.... ( REASON:) I had previously owned a three wheeled trike setup just like the Elio....two wheels in front with one larger wheel in the rear. When you are going down any road, street, etc. your rear tire travel where the majority of all other traffic does not go....the very center of the road where trash,oil,etc a lot of times gather....your rear tire will be exclusively be in that area every time you are driving. The main objection I have when riding my trike was hitting those man hole covers that were recessed slightly lower than street level in a lot of the areas were I would drive....you quickly will find out where those spots are and avoid them...but, in doing so I really had to pay attention of my traffic behind me because in order for the rear wheel missing the man hole covers meant swaying out of my lane quickly to avoid the jolt. If your daily route you drive is smooth with no potholes in the center and manhole covers are level...the NEVER MIND...Happy Motoring ! If you delivery pizza,parts,flowers,etc. and have to go no matter what the road is like then DEFINATELY BEWARE....because the sudden drops,trash,slickness on rainy days are going to be a challenge...just sayin' from experience from a three wheeler rider that still wants his Elio...but, intend on roadtrippin' "ONLY ON " long smooth highways!!!

Top Bottom