• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio As A Delivery Vehicle...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Used for a delivery VEHICLE ????....I am all for the ELIO 100% since I heard about it 6 months ago and have graduated to the "ALL IN" No Refund $250.00 level and intend to increase that amount when workers show up at the plant and production actually starts. With that being said...the main draw back that I found with the Elio is the third "Center of the Road" back tire.... ( REASON:) I had previously owned a three wheeled trike setup just like the Elio....two wheels in front with one larger wheel in the rear. When you are going down any road, street, etc. your rear tire travel where the majority of all other traffic does not go....the very center of the road where trash,oil,etc a lot of times gather....your rear tire will be exclusively be in that area every time you are driving. The main objection I have when riding my trike was hitting those man hole covers that were recessed slightly lower than street level in a lot of the areas were I would drive....you quickly will find out where those spots are and avoid them...but, in doing so I really had to pay attention of my traffic behind me because in order for the rear wheel missing the man hole covers meant swaying out of my lane quickly to avoid the jolt. If your daily route you drive is smooth with no potholes in the center and manhole covers are level...the NEVER MIND...Happy Motoring ! If you delivery pizza,parts,flowers,etc. and have to go no matter what the road is like then DEFINATELY BEWARE....because the sudden drops,trash,slickness on rainy days are going to be a challenge...just sayin' from experience from a three wheeler rider that still wants his Elio...but, intend on roadtrippin' "ONLY ON " long smooth highways!!!
Good observations about center of lane driving, those of us that rode bikes (2 wheel) know all to well never ride center. There are many streams here sharing your concerns, and each of us must evaluate risk/gain. Don't know your specifics, but some trikes power the rear middle wheel, which I would strongly agree could e a big problem. I'm ready to give it a try- had a 150cc Vespa w/sidecar, now that was "interesting"

Top Bottom