• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Configurator Seems To Be Down

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The issue is that a VERY visible part of the company which was recently featured in the newsletter AND the LA Auto Show has been down for multiple days. Either they do not care or do not have the staff to fix it, both look terrible. Even if it is the beginning of the Christmas holiday season, IT never sleeps.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The issue is that if any potential customers are just now checking out Elio, they will be turned off by the non-functional site. The same goes for any potential investors (or people sitting on a funding board). It just doesn't look good on the company. What does it matter to us? We are all vested in the success of Elio and want to do our little part in helping Elio navigate the pre-production landscape.

Besides, some of us are the types who check the scale every morning knowing it hasn't changed but we still check it. I check the configurator to see if there are any new options that are available.
Fair enough. But if Elio needs to conserve funds and is faced with prioritizing its spending, I'd rather they prioritize on lobbying for the ATVM loan and CAFE adjustments rather than website maintenance.

The email from Elio Motors on letting the incoming administration know about Elio suggests to me that we are now at a critical phase with regard to the ATVM loan, and it will either be granted or denied soon. If it's denied and EM has no replacement source of funding, it will hardly matter whether the configurator is working or not.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was once told: If your company's computer is down for more than five days, your company is OUT OF BUSINESS.

Date: 12/22/2016
Time: 10:29 AM CST
403 Forbidden
  • Code: AccessDenied
  • RequestId: D5A5168D0210A36E
  • HostId: q9cr7ZkuFSUSEL+XSMcJ6H0lu670Z8i9NunyDBKLAxbW+tWrzVYGLtBGrEPb/Dp5FL09XZQtOzs=
Read the post right before yours; EM has been contacted, they know about it, and they say they're working on it.
Here is a post that still applies today; written by a member: MSmith5150
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/myelio-me-is-up-running.7169/page-9#post-145098

Remember folks, this configurator is like the "beta" stage, probably even "alpha" stage of a development cycle. Software companies do this all the time, especially game developers. There are several reasons to put this out. They want to keep interest going in new ways, they want to "use" us as free testers for the software and the website, and get an early gauge of interest in various items and options. Among other likely reasons.

The site and options and pricing will all change (probably many times) between now and when they call it officially released for use.

So just have fun with it, don't take things on it too seriously! :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone bit off more than their level of expertise could chew in the time allotted.
A miscalculation is all it is. Much to do about nothing. We've been spoiled, so we freak.

Question: How did you get the URL of the 403 gif?
Something else you might really like if you don't already have it is the open source "Gimp".
It will automatically and instantly bring up easy three-click screen captures in it's editor.
It's on par with the Photoshop suite and it's absolutely free.
https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

I believe zduser is an free offsite commercial graphics server.
I think I checked them out, but chose to use imgbb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom