• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio letter just in at my email; ( this may be why the site is overloaded, the Elio following are responding? )

Hello [your name],

Today is yet another monumental day in the history of Elio Motors. As of June 19, 2015, everyday folks now have a new market where they can invest in private companies like Elio Motors. In an unprecedented development in March, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) finalized rules under Title IV of the Jumpstart Our Business Start-up (JOBS) Act, paving the way for private companies to raise up to $50M from non-accredited investors. This new ruling is known as “Regulation A+.”

This campaign is another funding step towards our ultimate goal of production. In March 2015, we pursued a Rule 506(c) offering, which allowed Elio Motors to offer accredited investors the opportunity to buy into Elio Motors.

As a valued customer, we wanted you to know that Elio Motors is taking its movement to the masses. From now until July 31, 2015, you will have the opportunity to declare interest* in making an investment in Elio Motors. That's right: you could own a piece of the company that is revolutionizing the way we get from Point A to Point B. Click here to learn more about this offering.

The long awaited promise of democratizing investment in startups and small businesses across the country has arrived. Come “Alter the Course of personal transportation: be a part of Elio Motors today.

Warm Regards,

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not cool, unless you're trying to crowd fund.
Agreed (edited: unless you're being sarcastic), they have to fix this quick. You can still get to the old site with a link from the Start Engine site, but this will not come off looking good.

(edited: I think linking to investment opportunities is one thing, redirecting all traffic to the crowdfunding site can be seen by many as off putting as suggested by some of the reactions we're seeing here. Imagine someone not familiar with Elio just wondering what the specs are or wanting to read more news about the vehicle and the first thing they see is a plea for investment money.)

Last edited:

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ok... I see what is happening. elio motors has changed thier website to redirect to startengine.com to make sure that everyone interested in EM sees it... this was done by EM... Iether that or a well intentioned hacker got into their website and decided not to insert penis jokes....

Update your bookmark to http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors/ if you want to skip the redirect on the main page.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shucks, I don't know why they hadn't tried this approach before... I've seen one of the other crowdfunding sites get huge response from folks for some widget or other that someone dreams up and far exceed their original funding goals... This is even better in the sense that your being offered stock, so I'm in... For a grand anyway if they do offer it...

"He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
who dares not put it to the touch
to win or lose it all... Montrose's Toast"

h_r :cool:
This is a very specific type of private placement investing which is overseen by the SEC, it's not like Kickstarter other than utilizing the crowd funding term.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, LillyMay. Then does this mean that they are under no obligation to actually offer shares some time in the future to those who indicated a willingness to invest? And does it also mean that those who register interest on Start Engine at a certain dollar level have no obligation to do the deal, if and when the offer is made?
yes
This is a very specific type of private placement investing which is overseen by the SEC, it's not like Kickstarter other than utilizing the crowd funding term.

Thanks again John. I was wondering the same thing about this offer and kickstarter and why elio hadn't jumped on this sooner. Glad your here.

Top Bottom