• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious about what mathematics can't be done. I mean, besides the money, which is financing instead of math, what don't you think can't be accomplished?
The MPG?
The price?
The design?
MPG - 66mpg is the best claimed road test, and 81.4mpg is the best claimed computer simulation. No improvements for over a year.
price - $7100 a year and a half ago, $7200 a year ago, $7300 now (best projected price)
design - that one is pretty close.

Again, 50/70mpg would be great, just not what is being claimed.
Also, anything up to $8999 MSRP outfitted as claimed would still be a bargain.

Finance people look at the math. If the numbers don't look right, they don't invest.

Sidecar Bob

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you have a slingshot, for your own safety, you should check this out .

Slingshot Recall

http://www.startribune.com/business/290204851.html

By the way: What financial or "to be released vehicles" information do you have on - Slingshot, Ford, GM Chrysler, Honda, Ect. Manufacturers?

I am sure there are a lot of people that would be interested.
Thank You

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One concern I have is that I thought Paul Elio had stated long ago that the government funding loan is not a requirment and now the whole thing seems to be dependent on it??

I've thought about that and am a bit perplexed by it .... all I can guess is something changed, some other funding source must have dried up .... someday when a book is written about EM's development we may know but I wouldn't count on that

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One concern I have is that I thought Paul Elio had stated long ago that the government funding loan is not a requirment and now the whole thing seems to be dependent on it??
That's my one and only issue with Paul Elio and Elio Motors and as a result they lost their credibility after 6 years as an Elio groupie.

I think funding may very well happen. I don't believe with the current extension they have an option for another delay, so 2016 seems to be the final target deadline for production to start. The clock is ticking.

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
"One concern I have is that I thought Paul Elio had stated long ago that the government funding loan is not a requirement and now the whole thing seems to be dependent on it??"

It's called using a bowling ball for a crystal ball.

[Broken External Image]

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pschencker, I admire you for stand. You give up on this dream and will walk away. No stress, as well as an alternative to enjoy!
However, the money you put up for one is still there, so I hope you remain open to the day you're contacted to finalize yours! You still have one with your name on it when they're produced!
BTW, how well does the Slingshot perform? Is it has hazzardous as some claim?

Top Bottom