• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
wow, so many responses, love the enthusiastic group. To clarify a few things, I will still buy the Elio if its made. I understand both sides to this whole saga, and just wish we had better info. A small part of my might be comparing the experience with the purchase of the Slingshot. I heard about the slingshot, on 7/30/2014, put a deposit down the next day, and followed, still do, the slingshot forum like lunatic. Reach for my phone in the middle of the night to see new posts. Was told deliveries by end of Oct, and still nothing in Nov, BUT they kept us informed to progress. Finally received it in early Dec, only about a 45 day delay. Now granted Polaris is a 4 billion dollar company, and Elio is a start-up. So i am comparing apples to sour-grapes I guess.

As far as performance and fun, its a absolute blast, best 27 grand I even spend, and as far as service, when the recall was issued, my Slingshot was fixed within 2 weeks. Here is a company that did not hide its head in the sand, but immediately but out a 'stop ride' order because of potential problems with stirring. I know liability was a huge issue, but it still could of been handled by vin number not been so drastic, but that how they handled it.( sorry if I went on, but a few of you addressed this in your posts).

Someone mentioned it was a nonrefundable deposit, yes I get that, but I understood that to mean I can't back out of the Elio. I didn't know that Elio COULD back out of it.

As far as the comment on 'my hard earned money, but I drive a slingshot' I sure am glad you can't see in my garage.

ok, that's its for now, cya

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"One concern I have is that I thought Paul Elio had stated long ago that the government funding loan is not a requirement and now the whole thing seems to be dependent on it??"

It's called using a bowling ball for a crystal ball.
Elio has been very clear they are working on several different paths to production at the same time. ATVM is just one of them, along with the private placement offering they hired Corporate Fuel Securities to assist with, sale of the excess equipment at the Shreveport plant, and I would say somewhat cryptically "behind the scenes" options.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One concern I have is that I thought Paul Elio had stated long ago that the government funding loan is not a requirment and now the whole thing seems to be dependent on it??
Elio has been very clear they are working on several different paths to production at the same time. ATVM is just one of them, along with the private placement offering they hired Corporate Fuel Securities to assist with, sale of the excess equipment at the Shreveport plant, and I would say somewhat cryptically "behind the scenes" options.

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
OK, one more thing I though I would ask, because I do not know the answer. When the members of the Polaris Slingshot forum were demanding answers and not hearing from anybody, low and behold, things changed. I representative from Polaris addressed the forum directly with our concerns and posted letters from corporate to calm us down, and talk about progress or delays.

So, since this is the main Elio Forum, is there representation from Elio directly, do they share progress in here with us?

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was at least one here before. People trying to force answers that could not be shared at the time caused them to leave.
If any are here now, they have not self identified themselves.
As with all businesses, some things you can share outright, some you can't, and some are still being developed. (The last one is what probably started a lot of bad feelings. Personally, going with newer ideas and directions shows me they're trying for the best product for us)

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was at least one here before. People trying to force answers that could not be shared at the time caused them to leave.
If any are here now, they have not self identified themselves.
As with all businesses, some things you can share outright, some you can't, and some are still being developed. (The last one is what probably started a lot of bad feelings. Personally, going with newer ideas and directions shows me they're trying for the best product for us)

GoofyOne has said that there are not anyone from Elio on this or any other forum, but that they do monitor them.

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
When I put money down I knew that I was putting it at risk. That's my problem and I will sleep soundly even if it turns out that EM is a mirage. What makes me very angry is the lack of transparency from EM regarding what is going on and the fact that they continue to accept and actively court deposits. It must suck to be the guy on Elio Facebook having to answer the same line over and over. Do you think it is a bot? They should cease and desist from taking any NEW deposits immediately. Honestly if they keep taking all in deposits I would not be surprised if there were criminal charges filed from fraud in several states if this falls through. I have two all in deposits ($1000/$100 level) and at this point I am trying to hang on but my car is a 1998 Crown Vic that is a warrior but things are breaking down. By summer I may be using my Elio funds for new wheels. I am glad one of my t-shirts is still in the bag. Maybe I can recoup some money on Ebay as a joke.

I rarely come here anymore . I had to set up a new account just to post. Previously if you said anything even slightly negative or even neutral about this car (even if you were all in), an army of evangelical koolaid drinkers would shout you down. At least now people talk rationally/realistically. I am hoping for good news and will buy my Elio if it comes to pass but realistically my confidence level is a 0.5 out of 10. I think in the end the automobile lobbyists are killing this company. Not blaming Paul as he is trying to bring this car to market. That said it is time for EM to refuse all ins and make any new deposit going forward as refundable.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, one more thing I though I would ask, because I do not know the answer. When the members of the Polaris Slingshot forum were demanding answers and not hearing from anybody, low and behold, things changed. I representative from Polaris addressed the forum directly with our concerns and posted letters from corporate to calm us down, and talk about progress or delays.

So, since this is the main Elio Forum, is there representation from Elio directly, do they share progress in here with us?
We are not an "official" Elio forum. You are talking about Elio's Support, and yes they have responded to my questions through that forum https://eliomotors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Top Bottom