• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Extreme Mod Idea

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also one thing that I forgot to mention about the nacelles, is that they were placed as far away from the crew as possible due to the anti-matter radiation that is produced from them. Also, if there was ever a plasma leak (which happened on occasion in battles), it would flow away from the ship as they maneuvered. If what I have learned holds true, if the plasma from the nacelles ever came in contact with the anti-matter in the warp core, it would cause an almost instantaneous warp core breach. Therefore, I think the most logical place for them to be placed on the Elio would be the wheel frames. Sure they are at the front, but I haven't found anything that suggests that the nacelles have to be in the rear. I do know that the deflector array just has to project the field far enough in front of the ship that when the go to warp, dust and micro-particles within space won't do any damage to the vessel. If you went warp 1 (the exact same speed of light) and you hit a rock about a centimeter in width, the damage it would cause would be equivalent to a class VI photon torpedo exploding inside the ship. With this rupture, and hull displacement, it would throw the star ship out of warp. The structural integrity would then receive micro fractures all along the hull and eventually (usually before the escape pods would be able to launch) the ship would literally be torn apart.

I know this is probably irrelevant information, but I think this would help those who are interested in making their Elio look a little more Trekkie.
Nice thought. I love all things Trek, but if you lean more toward the Star Wars side of the spectrum, you might find that the Elio can be amenable to dressing up as a Naboo N-1 Starfighter:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back to Star Trek: I was vacationing with family in Carmel today and I spotted this on a wall inside Mission Carmel:
image.jpeg

I'd swear that's Captain Picard, probably after having time traveled and inadvertently getting stuck in early 1770s California. With no other options available, he might've decided to put California on a proper course of development by building a whole series of missions to help defend against invading aliens...
image.jpeg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice thought. I love all things Trek, but if you lean more toward the Star Wars side of the spectrum, you might find that the Elio can be amenable to dressing up as a Naboo N-1 Starfighter:
View attachment 8867 View attachment 8868

Back to Star Trek: I was vacationing with family in Carmel today and I spotted this on a wall inside Mission Carmel:
View attachment 8869
I'd swear that's Captain Picard, probably after having time traveled and inadvertently getting stuck in early 1770s California. With no other options available, he might've decided to put California on a proper course of development by building a whole series of missions to help defend against invading aliens...
View attachment 8870

Too bad they only made the Naboo Starfighter in Yellow....

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Too bad they only made the Naboo Starfighter in Yellow....

Actually, if you look at the Nintendo 64 Naboo Starfighter game, there is a blue spy plane. It could reach speeds that were about 50% I'm certain if you looked, you would be able to find that there were several vessels specifically designed for certain missions. I do know that they designed a 4 engine bombing fighter as well. Might want to check it out. Plus, the way that the wheels are placed, you could easily add the engine tips onto them, making it a bit more streamlined.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ooooh! A couple of these mounted on either side of the rear wheel housing! Uses regular diesel (with a little turbo oil) too! When you get to a nice long flat stretch of road (Kansas, eastern Colorado comes to mind), drop it in neutral and fire them up!
And burn through your entire tank of gas in 2.5 minutes! Might be a fun ride while it lasted.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would have a steady acceleration of about 0.4 G - although that might diminish a bit above 150 or 200 mph. Personally, I would want a very long road to do that for 2 1/2 minutes... :plane:

Then the stretch of road I mentioned (Kansas to Colorado) is the perfect test track. Picture 7.5 hours of staring at this. :faint2:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dunno, those "turns" would get dodgy on the high side of 300 mph. Wouldn't have to worry about the soccer mom van passing you, though.

At 300 mph, it'd still take you an hour and a half to traverse. :confused:
Love being in Denver to see the family, loath that part of the drive. Not to get too far off topic [oops! too late!]. I went through at night on purpose since it not really a 'scenic' drive. Scary! ZERO lights on the highway, and on a moonless night, you can't see past your headlights. Kept waiting for a herd of cattle to appear before me. Didn't happen, but I did send a skunk to the great beyond.

Top Bottom