• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Extreme Mod Idea

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anytime deer/car encounter the worst, my "collision" (upstate NY) A Buck ran into the side passenger door as I was doing 65,
Weird crash pattern, and by the time I pulled over he was gone

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 300 mph, it'd still take you an hour and a half to traverse. :confused:
Love being in Denver to see the family, loath that part of the drive. Not to get too far off topic [oops! too late!]. I went through at night on purpose since it not really a 'scenic' drive. Scary! ZERO lights on the highway, and on a moonless night, you can't see past your headlights. Kept waiting for a herd of cattle to appear before me. Didn't happen, but I did send a skunk to the great beyond.

What I was getting at is the site said those engines consume 1.09 lb/lbf/hr (max) and produce 292 lbs. of thrust. So that's 1.5 gal. of jp1/min (for two) to produce a continuous 584 lbs. of thrust! If you did that for 2 1/2 minutes, you would be going really, really fast. Tyre shredding, bearing destroying, pants wetting, find-out-if-the-Elio-body-design-generates-lift fast.
If you wanted to do it for 300 miles, you would need more fuel - and bigger stones than mine! I get nervous after a few minutes above 150. Hell, these days, I get nervous after a few minutes over 100!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I was getting at is the site said those engines consume 1.09 lb/lbf/hr (max) and produce 292 lbs. of thrust. So that's 1.5 gal. of jp1/min (for two) to produce a continuous 584 lbs. of thrust! If you did that for 2 1/2 minutes, you would be going really, really fast. Tyre shredding, bearing destroying, pants wetting, find-out-if-the-Elio-body-design-generates-lift fast.
If you wanted to do it for 300 miles, you would need more fuel - and bigger stones than mine! I get nervous after a few minutes above 150. Hell, these days, I get nervous after a few minutes over 100!

Gotcha! :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That road looked like the designer looked at the map and figured the fastest way to go from point A to point B; laid a ruler on it, drew a line and called it good; kind of like I-90 across South Dakota <412 miles>

Top Bottom