• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Extreme Mod Idea

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hmmm....From a company the produces the static cling stickers like the one I had. And come to think of it, it was on the inside of my back window, not outside. Might have to use whatever material wraps are made of to get any kind of durability.

"Static clings are easily removed since they do not have adhesive, but can lose their ability to cling over time and may need to be re-installed or even replaced. Static Clings are not recommended for vehicles and are not weather resistant."

Yeah, it sounds like that wouldn't be a good idea. I'm sure there is a way that we would be able to get them attached. I bet if we looked hard enough, either the product is already out there, or something similar to it.

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Then shouldn't the nacelles be mounted above and outboard of the trunk lid, and swap out the hood for a cool saucer section? :rolleyes::D

Also one thing that I forgot to mention about the nacelles, is that they were placed as far away from the crew as possible due to the anti-matter radiation that is produced from them. Also, if there was ever a plasma leak (which happened on occasion in battles), it would flow away from the ship as they maneuvered. If what I have learned holds true, if the plasma from the nacelles ever came in contact with the anti-matter in the warp core, it would cause an almost instantaneous warp core breach. Therefore, I think the most logical place for them to be placed on the Elio would be the wheel frames. Sure they are at the front, but I haven't found anything that suggests that the nacelles have to be in the rear. I do know that the deflector array just has to project the field far enough in front of the ship that when the go to warp, dust and micro-particles within space won't do any damage to the vessel. If you went warp 1 (the exact same speed of light) and you hit a rock about a centimeter in width, the damage it would cause would be equivalent to a class VI photon torpedo exploding inside the ship. With this rupture, and hull displacement, it would throw the star ship out of warp. The structural integrity would then receive micro fractures all along the hull and eventually (usually before the escape pods would be able to launch) the ship would literally be torn apart.

I know this is probably irrelevant information, but I think this would help those who are interested in making their Elio look a little more Trekkie.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Also one thing that I forgot to mention about the nacelles, is that they were placed as far away from the crew as possible due to the anti-matter radiation that is produced from them. Also, if there was ever a plasma leak (which happened on occasion in battles), it would flow away from the ship as they maneuvered. If what I have learned holds true, if the plasma from the nacelles ever came in contact with the anti-matter in the warp core, it would cause an almost instantaneous warp core breach. Therefore, I think the most logical place for them to be placed on the Elio would be the wheel frames. Sure they are at the front, but I haven't found anything that suggests that the nacelles have to be in the rear. I do know that the deflector array just has to project the field far enough in front of the ship that when the go to warp, dust and micro-particles within space won't do any damage to the vessel. If you went warp 1 (the exact same speed of light) and you hit a rock about a centimeter in width, the damage it would cause would be equivalent to a class VI photon torpedo exploding inside the ship. With this rupture, and hull displacement, it would throw the star ship out of warp. The structural integrity would then receive micro fractures all along the hull and eventually (usually before the escape pods would be able to launch) the ship would literally be torn apart.

I know this is probably irrelevant information, but I think this would help those who are interested in making their Elio look a little more Trekkie.

You ever think about drinking Decaf? ;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Zephram Cochrane! Is that you? ;)

You have DEFINITELY given a lot of thought to this, and if you have the means to transform (even temporarily for events) your Elio into your vision, it'll definitely be a hit with the fans. No harm in creative thinking! Keep it up!

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think a trek-inspired design (perhaps simple text and line accents on a Marshmallow-white Elio) along with some custom warp-nacelle front fenders would be pretty sweet. A full-body wrap would be pretty expensive, but if you use vinyl tape for lines and pre-cut lettering you could do a nice design for pretty cheap. Custom fabbing the warp drive fenders (fiberglass? foam?) would be a bit more expensive and labor-intensive, but would definately make it unique.

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.pbsvb.com/customer-industries/aerospace/aircraft-engines/tj-100-turbojet-engine

I am not sure about warp field generators, but this would fit in the trunk area, with appropriate structural attachment and a bit of plumbing and ductwork, it would provide an unique driving experience. ...coyote-like, to say the least - testing on a long, straight, empty road is suggested. Or a convenient salt flat. A helmet, fire suit and a good attorney's phone number is highly suggested. Will probably void the factory warranty. Your mileage will definitely vary.
(Seriously, if you try anything like this, angle the thrust vector down by 2 or 3 degrees while under maximum load - don't ask...)

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.pbsvb.com/customer-industries/aerospace/aircraft-engines/tj-100-turbojet-engine

I am not sure about warp field generators, but this would fit it the trunk area, with appropriate structural attachment and a bit of plumbing and ductwork, it would provide an unique driving experience. ...coyote-like, to say the least - testing on a long, straight, empty road is suggested. A helmet, fire suit and a good attorney's phone number is highly suggested. Will probably void the factory warranty. Your mileage will definitely vary.
(Seriously, if you try anything like this, angle the thrust vector down by 2 or 3 degrees while under maximum load - don't ask...)

Wow! This is exactly what I need for my experimental gyroplane design! The only question is.... how much does it cost?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I am not sure about warp field generators, but this would fit it the trunk area, with appropriate structural attachment and a bit of plumbing and ductwork, it would provide an unique driving experience. ...coyote-like, to say the least - testing on a long, straight, empty road is suggested. A helmet, fire suit and a good attorney's phone number is highly suggested. Will probably void the factory warranty. Your mileage will definitely vary.

Ooooh! A couple of these mounted on either side of the rear wheel housing! Uses regular diesel (with a little turbo oil) too! When you get to a nice long flat stretch of road (Kansas, eastern Colorado comes to mind), drop it in neutral and fire them up!

DLT_TJ20__a.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here; everyone been asking about options; EM has heard you

My Elio. My Way.

Elio Motors Momentum v46
ELIO_06380_Momentum_P5_V21.jpg

Elio Motors to Roll Out ‘E Plus,’ a Revolutionary Vehicle Option Program

NYAS.jpg

There is no doubt that the smart phone has revolutionized personal communication. Go anywhere…seriously, ANYWHERE, and it’s likely you’ll see someone talking, texting, reading, or playing. Let’s face it…you can do just about anything on these things.

But there’s more to the smart phone phenomenon than mere communications. There has been a radical shift in consumer expectations based on the ease with which new features can be added. When you leave the store with a new smart phone, it has a lot of terrific functionality. But its true beauty comes in the unending additions that can be made by visiting the app store.

Want a new game? You got it.

New service for picking a restaurant? You got it.

Need a ride. Anywhere? You got it.

As they say…”there’s an App for that!”

What if that same thought process was unleashed on the auto industry? You get a great base vehicle with all the content you really need. But, you can order the options you want to personalize the vehicle. And once you get it home, you can keep adding options as long as the manufacturers’ supplier companies (sort of like app developers) keep coming up with new things that customers want and need.

Far fetched? Hardly.

We call it E Plus: My Elio. My Way., a mass personalization concept that will give our customers what they want, when they want it.

“E Plus” will start online, where customers can review available options on an E Plus Customization site at eliomotors.com from the comfort of their own home.When they go to the Elio Motors Retail Center, they will use a computer or tablet to order these options on their vehicle.

The customer’s order will be sent to one of several customization studios that will be strategically located across the country. The options the customer ordered will be added and the vehicle will be shipped to the Retail Centers with a goal to be delivered within 24 hours.

In addition to benefitting Elio Motors customers, it will also provide an opportunity for Elio Motors’ suppliers to flex their entrepreneurial muscle by developing options that can be added to the vehicles post-production.

“Suppliers all over the globe have created really cool content for vehicles that never see the light of day because of an antiquated packaging system and we plan to change that” said Paul Elio. “Our E Plus system will allow customers to buy the options they want and need at the time of purchase, and then continually add content via myelio.me in the future or through participating retailers."

Currently, vehicle manufacturers sell options in a limited number of packaged groupings, restricting consumer choice and driving-up vehicle costs, according to a recent J. D. Power and Associates study.

“The current system is broken at many levels,” Elio said. “Traditionally, if a customer wants one particular option, they have to accept three or four other options as part of the package and that seriously limits customer choice and drives up cost to the customer.

The idea for E Plus comes from Elio Motors’ philosophy to always do what’s best for its customers. The company will provide a well-equipped base model, but wants to make sure its customers only pay for options they truly want. It was inspired by Paul's own experience when he had to accept a lighted vanity mirror on the sun visor as part of an option package if he wanted to purchase a vehicle with leather seats. Why? Because the lighted vanity mirror was part of the package the manufacturer forced on its customers. The package as a whole cost more than the leather seats would cost individually.

Through constant communication with its customer base, Elio Motors will be able to provide its supplier network with information about which options are most in demand. This will help suppliers with their inventory planning and product development by basing their decisions on real-world data.

“Our ‘E Plus’ system connects the entire supply chain to the end consumer, which is a tremendous value to our customers and our supplier partners,” Elio said. “It will allow our suppliers to continuously develop new options based on true customer demand. These options will be available to our customers, who can provide feedback to our suppliers before they roll out products to the rest of the industry.”

We’re sharing details with the automotive media tomorrow, Thursday, March 24, at the New York International Auto Show at 2:45 p.m. (EST). If you want to watch Paul’s news conference live, check Facebook or your Twitter a few minutes prior to the start time for a link to Paul’s latest Periscope broadcast.

Anticipated production date is based upon timely receipt of requisite funding.

Certain statements in this email are "forward-looking statements." These statements involve risks and uncertainties, and the Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking information. Risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from planned operations include, without limitation, delays in receipt of adequate financing, delays in commencement of production, decreased consumer interest in the Company¹s products, downturn in general economic conditions, increased production costs and availability of raw materials, competition, and unfavorable market and regulatory conditions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond the Company¹s control. Readers are referred to the Company¹s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. The information contained in this email is a statement of the Company¹s present intentions, beliefs or expectations and is based upon, among other things, the existing business environment, industry conditions, market conditions and prices, the economy in general and the Company¹s assumptions. The Company may change its intentions, beliefs or expectations at any time and without notice, based upon any changes in such factors, in its assumptions or otherwise, and it undertakes no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statements for any reason. The cautionary statements contained or referred to in this email should be considered in connection with any subsequent written or oral forward-looking statements that the Company or persons acting on its behalf may issue.

[Broken External Image]

Attachments

• ELIO_06380_Momentum_P5_V21.jpg
    ELIO_06380_Momentum_P5_V21.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 237
  • NYAS.jpg
    NYAS.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 296
Top Bottom