• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio From Parts Already Available

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If you go to a generic auto parts store, you can buy the commonly used parts for most brands. However. many parts that no matter which brand of auto will be found at the dealer only. If the same type of commonly used parts for the Elio are the only "off the shelf" items, most of us will be very happy campers.:D

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it probably won't be directly off the shelf. The casing and such might be, from the dream cruise video we know IAV is targeting highway cruising speed at 1500 RPM's or so, meaning a low final drive that isn't commonly found, so it will have a different part number from the same transaxle used in other applications.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the ones who can't remember or understand the question.

Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is BS.
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.
Are these already being used on cars and cycles now? If so can you name them?

Legitimate and simple question but I guess it was over the head for some. :):):)
I have never seen Elio mention any body parts as of the shelf. The transmission will be an off the shelf item I believe EM has stated this the past.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is BS.
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.
Are these already being used on cars and cycles now? If so can you name them?
These may not already being used, but are being produced by proven processes so you could argue they are using parts already being produced, the major components are from proven manufacturers and the major components (other than engines) are either proven on other vehicles or proven processes. Remember, EM is breaking barriers and this could ultimately be another industrial moment to match the Ford Assembly line....

We have to be patient and let him do is magic and make the quality product that we expect and he knows he can produce.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom