• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio From Parts Already Available

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, it seems you may be. READ the original post.
I asked for a list of items that Elio will use already being produced.
Seems NO ONE KNOWS but sure gets upset when you question a product that is being produced.

Why don't you ask Elio? We're not designing the thing. Here's the contact info to help you out...
Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.

2942 North 24th Street

Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016

Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Toll Free: 1-844-BuyElio (1-844-289-3546)

Direct: (480) 500-6800

Email: Available 24/7tellmemore@eliomotors.com

samwichse

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.
Are these already being used on cars and cycles now? If so can you name them?

I think you seriously underestimate the number of parts on a car. What you just named probably makes up 5% the parts on a modern car.

Let's say the gas tank is custom made for the Elio (likely needs to be efficiently shaped to the location in the car). What could be off the shelf associated with it?

Fuel pump, sealing gaskets, fuel line plastic fuel line clips, gaskets, pressure regulator, filter holder/filter (if present), fuel level sender/float assembly, charcoal emissions canister, filler neck, gas cap

How about the "front end?" She it needs is own A-arms/control arms/sway bar, but what else could be off the shelf?

Steering rack, CV joints/boots, bushings, hub assembly including bearings, seals, brake discs, calipers, pads, pistons, brake flex lines, speedo sender, drive axles (could be, might be custom, depends what they do with the tranny), master cylinder, ball joints, tie rods, steering damper

You pretty much named all the things that have to be custom based on the car's shape. But there are thousands of components that are the glue that holds this thing together, and most of them are in the parts of the car you're not going to see or touch like the exterior or cabin.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OOOOH! not feeling the love..... and of course it's possible a meteorite could crash thru the plant, and push the build down the road. Ya can't have all the "facts" life isn't that clear-cut, and waiting patiently until more is known is a vertue. "Where are the facts"- they have yet to be revealed life is a mystery......

That's just the point. Paul tells us different everytime he is on the tube.
So does he or does he not have the facts?

I just ask for some information.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is ^&*(.
This is always a statement out of context. When used, it is still pretty much assumed most external 'artwork', which are all the style items will be unique to the model are newly OEM sourced.
There are almost NEVER any off-the-shelf parts for proprietary assemblies such as body parts available to other brand-names (in the US anyway).
A Ford part on a Mercury is not a switch of brand in this context.
So yes, the use of off-the-shelf is a slight technical misnomer anytime it's applied to a new vehicle. But it wasn't a deception either.

Saying it is a deception makes one look a bit uniformed.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe in facts. I'm wanting to know where the facts are. On any new product I like all the information I can get. If you want to believe in fiction that's OK but when someone says that most of the Elio will be built from parts off the shelves I would like to know where are the parts coming from. Can I believe this, will this assure the dependability of the Elio or when my Elio breaks will I be told the part is not available due to poor planning.
I may be thinking of another Elio for family and ALL the facts is best to be on the table before one gets to deep in the product.
I guess some would jump off the bridge if ONE PERSON said it was safe.
It's a fact. You are a constant complainer. I am 100% positive all the parts will be stored on a shelf somewhere.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we can honestly say that 90% of the Elio's parts will have to be made.
Tires and wheels is about it.

'I think we can honestly say that 90% of the Elio's parts will have to be made'

It is a Fact, that 100% of 'ALL the Parts' for our Elios will have to be MADE!!, tires and wheels included.
'Off The Shelf' is a figure of speach.
There is no 'Shelf' big enough to hold all the parts the Elio will require, ready made, meaning that Paul is going with the manufacturers that CAN MAKE/supply the quality/quantity of parts he needs to produce our Elios.
Who cares where the parts come from as long as they have been proven Reliable.
Side note: The New Harley's have more parts 'Made in China' than a Gold Wing!!! They still sound and run Pretty Darn Good!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Off The Shelf' is a figure of speech.
Well, on that one we CAN get a bit more narrow about it. The term does mean (to me) an existing design that is currently available for non-exclusive sale and possibly in stock somewhere, if even in low volumes. But can be supplied to order in the volumes desired(with reasonable lead time).

The context of that is different in reference to a individual consumer versus a manufacturer.

Top Bottom